Original Post

Chris is tied up with exams for the next 3 months. So, I will be both making and distributing them now.

If you want one, you need to send me a donor cart. This will guarantee you get a cart (a sort of pre-order).

I will be making these on a one-by-one basis, so be prepared to wait at least 2 weeks from the donor cart getting to me and your FlashBoy+ being dispatched.

The package will consist of the cart and USB cable (no box) the new price of $100 (+shipping) reflects this.

Anyway, if you are interested, please Email me at –

richard.hutchinson@dsl.pipex.com

Thankyou

211 Replies

Contact Richard Hutchinson, details on the first post of this thread. Good bloke, very helpful. He will let you know all you need to know.

I had a flashboy + in a nasty looking clear cart that was literally the color of shit haha. Richard was awesome and I sent it to him and he did a sexy recover in the gorgeous white that they come in now. Looks amazing 🙂

Just sent out an email the other night, then I spotted this thread today! Hope they are still being made!

I had asked a couple weeks back, they are, but they aren’t either.

He’s having trouble sourcing donor carts to get the connectors needed so they’re not actively being done. I think you could mail in a donor and have it done but that’ll be added time and expense.

I want a flashboy…..pleaaaaseeeee

Hello,
what an great effort 🙂
I just peeked into development for the VB after I cruised a couple of retro systems.
Is the Flashboy currently available?
I definitely want to buy/order one.
It would be very kind if anyone could hint me towards the proper place to do that if this just isnt right here 🙂
Thanks alot and best wishes,
enthusi /PriorArt

Hi, wondering if I can still get my hands on a Flashboy+? Thanks!

bbor0422 wrote:
Hi, wondering if I can still get my hands on a Flashboy+? Thanks!

I don’t think so; I’m pretty sure they’re not being made anymore. Instead, mellott124 is working on a similar, more-capable product called the HyperFlash32: https://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7448&forum=2

Hallo zusammen!

Hab die Tage seit längerer Zeit mal wieder meinen guten alten (und
inzwischen glücklicher Weise auch reparierten, Stichwort “glitchy display”) Virtual Boy wieder
aktiviert, nachdem ich auf Planet Virtual Boy gesehen habe, dass es
einige neue Homebrew-Spiele gibt! Der VB läuft einwandfrei, mein
Flashboy Plus anfangs auch. Aber nach so etwa 10-20 Spielen hat der
zunächst rumgezickt und nun bleibt der VB-Bildschirm immer schwarz,
egal welches Spiel ich darauf flashe. Am VB kann es nicht liegen, denn
jedes Originalspiel läuft auf Anhieb ohne Probleme. Der Flashboy wird vom PC erkannt,
wenn ich dann ein (natürlich gepaddetes) ROM auswähle steht da zunächst erasing und dann
wird das ROM aufgespielt/geflasht bis 100%, es scheint alles okay zu sein,
nur der Virtual Boy bleibt nun plötzlich halt schwarz, wenn ich den Flashboy
starten möchte. Auch bei ROMs die sonst einwandfrei funktioniert haben.

Keine Ahnung wo das Problem liegt, vielleicht hat der Flash-Speicher
einen weg. Oder die Kontakte zum VB hin sind marode. Kennst sich
jemand damit aus? Kann man vielleicht ne Art “Hard-Reset” machen oder so.
Könnte ich ihn evtl. zu Richard Hutchinson (von ihm hatte ich ihn damals gekauft) schicken zwecks
Überprüfung/Reparatur? Ist der überhaupt noch aktiv? Hab gelesen, dass
keine Flashboys mehr hergestellt werden. Aber vielleicht repariert?
Oder sollte ich lieber auf dieses neue Projekt Hyperflash32 setzen?

Über Antworten und Hilfe aller Art wäre ich sehr dankbar! 🙂

Now in english. 🙂

Hello everybody!

A few days ago after a long time I activated my good old (and meanwhile fortunately also repaired, keyword “glitchy display”) Virtual Boy again after seeing that there are great new homebrew games on Planet Virtual Boy! The VB is running fine, my
Flashboy Plus initially too. But after about 10-20 games he has
first messed around and now the VB screen always stays black,
no matter which game I flash on it. It can’t be because of the VB, because
every original game runs right away without any problems. The Flashboy is recognized by the PC,
if I then select a (of course padded) ROM it says erasing first and then
the ROM is loaded / flashed up to 100%, everything seems to be okay,
only the Virtual Boy stays black when I use the Flashboy. Even with ROMs that otherwise worked perfectly.

No idea what the problem is, maybe the flash memory is defective. Or the contacts to the VB are somehow not working correctly. Is anyone familar with that problem? Maybe you can do a kind of “hard reset” or something.
Could I possibly send the Flashboy to Richard Hutchinson (from whom I bought it at the time) for the purpose of
Check / repair? Is he still active at all? I read that
no more flashboys are made. But maybe repaired?
Or should I rather rely on this new Hyperflash32 project?

I would be very grateful for answers and all kinds of help! 🙂

Greetings,

You can now get your FlashBoy at the Vintex64 website. We currently have limited stock, but Batch 3 should be plenty for next few months.
https://www.vintex64.com/store/p273/FB.html

For anyone that issues with their past FlashBoy, get in contact with us, and we’ll help you out.

The Vintex 64 Team

Update, we now have FlashBoy+ in stock. So anyone looking for FlashBoy+ can get one with ease!

Also, if any developers want a discount FB+ simple get in touch with us.

The our manual also been updated.

Attachments:

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.