Original Post

Hello everybody!

M.K. was so kind to give me access to his fighting engine that he developed for one of his unreleased games. So I made a SF2HF mod. The full version will be released soon.

Attachments:
116 Replies

That would be brilliant! πŸ™‚ I would love to see the comparison and I’m sure the rest of the community would as well! πŸ™‚

Cool, I’ll add that to my list. Like I said, I still need to wait for my Macbook Pro to arrive. I’m waiting on my friend right now, but I’ll be getting it sometime this month (damn well better, lol)

It’ll be well worth seeing for everyone. πŸ™‚

Well I’m now playing the game, and it’s so well built. πŸ™‚
Maybe the best game on VB?

it is a quality “homebrew”, that much is for sure. it isn’t perfect. as far as best VB game? i’d still have to go with wario land. mostly because a fighter can’t hold my interest for more than a short while.

What about bound high ? that has to be up there in top 3 also

My “Top 5”:

1) Hyper Fighting
2) Wario Land
3) Bound High!
4) Faceball
5) Panic Bomber

Sadly 3 of the 5 were released after VB was discontinued. Showing that if they had waited then VB could have been something truly magical.

I’d put those 3 in my top choices for sure and that gives me an idea.

How do you get this to run on hardware?

Hey there, I’m a super noob at all this and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as far as possibly picking up a link cable or a full version of Hyper Fighting?

cause415 wrote:
How do you get this to run on hardware?

the hyperfighting demo? do you own a flashboy or flashboy+ virtual boy flash kit? if not then you would need to build something of your own.

Thanks yeah just figured that one out lol

It’s highly unlikely to find a copy of Hyper Fighting but even as I say that I was able. So it’s not impossible, technically.

You lucky boy ^^

I just finished a homemade VB cabinet to allow the visitors of our show to discover this console in best conditions. French people are always really surprised to discover the console, furthermore with the Hyper Fighting demo running on it (until now, only 2 people knowed of the game’s existence before coming to visit us, and the 2 never seen it running on real hardware).

Before I completed the stand, visitors had to try the console without security, and a VB had been broken by a visitor so I decided to build the cabinet (I’ll take pictures as soon as it is in the gameroom).

Now my dream is to let them discover the full version of the game. Maybe one day I’ll find a complete copy ! It would be so grateful to present them such a quality homebrew.

Oh man you just got me thinking – Imagine a VS style cabinet that was set up for 2 player Hyper Fighting…

That link cable couldn’t come soon enough!

It would be awesome.

A little head-to-head cabinet looking like the Sega Versus City or New Versus City, running two copies of Hyper Fighting would be a masterpiece. It is easy to make a hackpad to create a standard arcade panel with a joystick and 6 buttons per player.

I’m dreaming ^^

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.