Original Post

This is the official announcement for the release of Bound High complete with box and manual like it always should have been.

Together with Mindstorm and Bigmak we have been able to assemble an all star team to get this together.

Couple of notes.

There will be an original 50.
The plan is to make 100 of these total. If there’s enough demand we will continue to make them. But once 100 sell we’ll need a bunch more to do another batch!

If you have already paid and/or agreed to pay for the box and manual, you can still receive the box and manual. Or you can use the money you paid to put towards a Complete in box version.

What you get.
Box, manual, cartridge with label, inlay, and i believe inserts (bigmak?)

These will ship out in roughly 2-3 weeks

The price of the game, shipping included will be

US price $71 USD
International price $75 USD

We’ll be staring on our second release, Space Pinball. We look forward to doing lots of these. And other releases. So, get your butts in gear game designers!

The first 20-30 carts will be in my hand soon. So, the first 20-30 people to pay will get there’s in the order received.

This list is the initial list I have for people that have paid or have requested they be added to the list for box and manual only. These guys/gals get first dibs.

1. Big Mak (planetvb) PAID for box/manual
2. Big Mak (planetvb) PAID for box/manual
3. Ben Stevens (planetvb) PAID for box/manual
4. Gwyndion
5. Uiengineer
6. RpgCollector
7. Cosmiliner (planetvb) PAID for box/manual
8. CoreyCorey2000
9. CoreyCorey2000
10. Alfissta (planetvb) PPAID for box/manual
11. mawa
12. Dr. Evil
13. TheForce81
14. Legandary_Zero (manual only)
15. Dor-Si PAID for box/manual
16. Dor-Si PAID for box/manual
17. VBmills PAID for box/manual
18. Wazzal
19. L__E__T
20. Thunderstruck PAID for box/manual
21 goldendark007
22 Smeagolsama PAID for box/manual

Since I cannot update this original thread I’ll be keeping track on my own and on Nintendo age at this thread. This is the official release thread! If you’re on this list and have paid and I have forgotten, please let me know.

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=86917

If you’ve paid 25 or 30, just subtract that from the price and that’s what you owe.

Please contact me via PM or post in this thread to be added to the list. The sooner you pay the sooner your game will go out and the higher on the list you will be!

Thanks a bunch. Attached is the box image. The rest will look just as amazing!

280 Replies

MineStorm wrote:

because they could no longer sell their FlashBoys with buggy Bound High!

I didn’t know people were doing that.

Yeah… in addition to the buggy Bound High! ROMs that were put on eprom carts and then sold on Ebay, there was at least one other person at the time who sold a FlashBoy on Ebay and made clear mention of the fact that Bound High! was on it, and I’m assuming he wasn’t the only one who tried to sell Bound High! like that before its online release.

It makes me wonder who may have possibly ordered FlashBoy Pluses from you, for the sole purpose of putting Dragon Hopper or Zero Racers or something else unreleased on them, in order then to secretly sell the cart with game to another. One just never knows what all goes on in the dark underground world of Virtual Boy collecting.

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

There was also an earlier Ebay fiasco associated with Bound High! before the most current one:

Before Bound High! was released online for everyone to play for free on May 3rd, 2010 (http://www.planetvb.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=301), there were people who secretly had buggy versions of the ROM, and they would put these buggy versions of Bound High! on FlashBoys and then try to auction them off on Ebay for very high prices, which worked for them as long as not very many people could play the game at all. The main reason why Bound High! took a while to get its online release is because PVB had expert programmers who were working on trying to fix the bugs, so that everybody could play the fully complete and fully functional game for free, but while they were working on this, there were the profit-seekers trying to make as much money off of the buggy version of the ROM that had somehow made its way into the hands of private collectors. Of course, once Bound High! was publicly released online, this then made a lot of the private collectors upset, because they could no longer sell their FlashBoys with buggy Bound High!, or sell just the buggy ROM via secret e-mails and payment exchanges, for large profits anymore, thus all the drama.

Thanx, really appreciate the info, and patience with the “new guy”.

πŸ™‚

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

Yeah… in addition to the buggy Bound High! ROMs that were put on eprom carts and then sold on Ebay, there was at least one other person at the time who sold a FlashBoy on Ebay and made clear mention of the fact that Bound High! was on it, and I’m assuming he wasn’t the only one who tried to sell Bound High! like that before its online release.

It makes me wonder who may have possibly ordered FlashBoy Pluses from you, for the sole purpose of putting Dragon Hopper or Zero Racers or something else unreleased on them, in order then to secretly sell the cart with game to another. One just never knows what all goes on in the dark underground world of Virtual Boy collecting.

That’s something I didn’t think of — people hoarding the dragon or racers because they want big bucks.

Grrrrr….

Okay, there are times when I can be a little naive…

Put me down for a complete copy, please! I’ll pay as soon as I’m given instructions on how to do so.

Thank you,
-Jason

jasonbar wrote:
instructions on how to do so

http://www.uncletusk.com/node/122

πŸ™‚

I can personally vouch that “Bound High” is fun and addictive. The 3D effect is spectacular.

I really hate the “wind” — anyone know how to prevent getting blown off and losing a life?

vb fan wrote:
I can personally vouch that “Bound High” is fun and addictive. The 3D effect is spectacular.

I really hate the “wind” — anyone know how to prevent getting blown off and losing a life?

Only go to the outsides of the boards when the wind has just ended and then move towards the center when wind starts. Whichever way the wind is blowing you should be able to recover from there.

Yup, you get a visual cue about the wind and its direction a couple of seconds before it starts. Try to start correcting for it as soon as you see it.

I just received my copy. I can’t wait to try it this weekend. Thanks for bringing us this game!!

Thanx for the tips — the “sand crabs” are the indicator? Seem to remember them flying by before the wind.

I just received my copy. I can’t wait to try it this weekend. Thanks for bringing us this game!!

VERY much ditto that! I was so miffed at N refusing to release the code for any prototypes in the late 90’s; this, Faceball, and all the HOMEBREWS are gonna make up for that.

…now if only “D” and “Z” show up for dumping…

Thanks, Glover. I just ordered Bound High & Space Pinball. Woohoo!

-Jason

Glover wrote:

jasonbar wrote:
instructions on how to do so

http://www.uncletusk.com/node/122

πŸ™‚

Got mine! It’s a thing of beauty. πŸ˜€

Got my Bound High & Space Pinball. Space Pinball’s manual was damaged, but Vince took care of that FAAAAST by sending me a replacement–awesome customer support.

Both games look like “real” VB releases. So cool!

Thanks,
-Jason

I received my Bound High last week as well, and WOAH – It’s QUITE NICE!

And fun to play!

Thanks for making this happen!

Received my copy from UncleTusk today. It’s really shame that this title never got official release. Just played first couple hours (with automatic pause on ;)) and I’m really surprised how good & simple gameplay is. Best game (from the 5 I currently own) on the system.

It’s fun, but frustrating. There’s a Youtube video of about 37 minutes of a whole start-to-finish play; I don’t believe it! Especially level 3-10 — he acts as if there’s no wind, just plays right through!

No way…

:-/

I’ve been experiencing a problem with “Bound High”. I have a wall-wart (transformer) plugged into my controller; it’s not a solid connection, had to drill out the barrel plug to fit the jack. Sometimes just as I’m about to complete the game, there is a — and the power drops out. Screen goes completely dark; moving the plug doesn’t work, have to switch off power and switch it back on. Don’t know for sure it’s a “plug problem”.

BUT — when I get power back, the whole display (both eyes) flashes, and then it loads the first screen — with a BRIGHT RED BACKGROUND. Red background persists throughout the game, making it largely un-playable (seems there are several levels of background, the brighter, the more un-playable).

(On the “Title” screen, and the “cat” logo screen, characters whose colors match the background are invisible.)

Sometimes I can switch it off for a minute or two and it will clear; other times I’ve had to plug in a DIFFERENT game — that seems to reset the screens, plugging in Bound High again starts just fine.

Picked up a copy of this too. Sheeze, I stumble across one site and now my wallet hates me. Ha.

DPsx7 wrote:
Picked up a copy of this too. Sheeze, I stumble across one site and now my wallet hates me. Ha.

Don’t miss Space Pinball:

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=22710#forumpost22710

thunderstruck wrote:

DPsx7 wrote:

Don’t miss Space Pinball:

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=22710#forumpost22710

That’s the last reason my wallet hates me. Although I couldn’t find much info or any screenshots I took the chance since the production runs were so limited.

This is the first time I’ve bought homebrew or unofficially produced carts. I’ve considered it before but my problem is that I’ve collected so many games over the years it’s tough to keep playing them all. Often these games have abnormally high prices or sell out before I ever knew they were made.

There’s just something unique about the VB plus the fact it’s the only full set I own with there being only 14 US games. Since the JP games are so expensive and the library so limited the Flashboy cart is next on my list.

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.