Original Post

Figured it would be nice to see everyone’s systems and game/accessory collections. I’m quite curious to see how many of the VBs on these forums are in good condition, and how many Blockbuster, retail display, japanese, etc kits there are among us.

Regrettably I sold the VB in my avatar many years ago after I first joined. I think I sold it to then fund the purchase of a new phat DS. Bad move.

I’ve just gotten back into the VB scene after missing it so much. I just purchased a Japanese console in mint condition, boxed. Can’t wait to share with everyone. I also bought a secondary head unit only because I thought I was going to be buying a VB set that had a defective head unit (I got out of that deal). I think I’ll be taking the spare apart and using it as parts for my Japanese model. Maybe have the ribbon cables soldered for when the Japanese model’s go bad.

So I’ll be posting my pictures soon. I have quite a few games already, which I’ll show when I get the console pics up.

But everyone else can start ahead of me. Let’s see those VBs!

277 Replies

RP: I think I pulled the image from Nintendo Power (like these: http://www.planetvb.com/modules/articles/?s004044001 ). It’s been a LONG time since I’ve been through the NPs, but they might have that logo larger somewhere else in the magazine, or maybe a higher resolution scan of one of them would be easier to work with.

DogP

DogP wrote:
RP: I think I pulled the image from Nintendo Power (like these: http://www.planetvb.com/modules/articles/?s004044001 ). It’s been a LONG time since I’ve been through the NPs, but they might have that logo larger somewhere else in the magazine, or maybe a higher resolution scan of one of them would be easier to work with.

DogP

Ah yes… after looking back through this forum thread, I noticed that the circular logo appears in the high resolution scans of the Nintendo Power pages, which I posted on post numbers 71 and 73.

D’oh! Thanks, guys; I don’t know why I didn’t think of looking in NP… 😛

Added to the collection recently is the very rare 1st edition of the Virtual Boy Guide. I’ve already e-mailed high resolution scans of every single page to KR155E, and he should be adding them to the site in their proper spot when he can. As was to be expected, this first edition contains less information than the second edition, and I have not yet gone through the whole thing in detail to see what minor variations might exist in each of the various sections of the guide between the 2 editions, but I hope to do that some time in the future.

Good to see you have recieved it in good condition benjamin
its Always tricky to send a booklet from this value out from Netherlands to your country
did you had problems whit costums or did they accept the gift shipping
greetings
mawa

mawa wrote:
Good to see you have recieved it in good condition benjamin
its Always tricky to send a booklet from this value out from Netherlands to your country
did you had problems whit costums or did they accept the gift shipping
greetings
mawa

Nope, I didn’t have any problems at all with customs. Customs in the USA seems to be very great. I never have to pay any extra customs fees in order to pick up any international shipment from the local post office, no matter how the package is marked on the outside. I just usually have to sign for it, which is all I had to do in this case. Since this item was well-packaged, it arrived just fine in the condition in which it was sent! 🙂

My collection is small. I hope to get my hands on several
more loose carts and a flash boy soon.

Mine has grown ever so slightly. I picked up Teleroboxer and Red Alarm for $15 from the local Retro Game shop

Haha, a Cybiko! I have a couple of those somewhere… 🙂

I just bought this vb themed motorcycle.

Attachments:

Too bad it has a chrome colored muffler and orange blinkers 😉
Other than that, great reference to the VB!

great bike thunderstruck !!
triumph is legendary, enjoy

Eric

Thunderstruck wins
Game over

Flawless victory!

thunderstruck wrote:
I just bought this vb themed motorcycle.

Nice! Enjoy it.

Those Triumph’s are awesome bikes, good choice!

Cooles Moped 😎

Was finally in the mood to pack everything out of the box to take some pictures. Only missing 2 items; Bowling and Soft Case US.

And yeah, why that many VB’s, the bottom ones are brand new. 🙂

Attachments:

I love seeing these pics. I will be picking up a package today with some VB goodness, hopefully I’ll get some pics up this weekend.

Marioguy wrote:
Was finally in the mood to pack everything out of the box to take some pictures. Only missing 2 items; Bowling and Soft Case US.

And yeah, why that many VB’s, the bottom ones are brand new. 🙂

Why do you have two copies of SD Gundam and Space Invaders, you hoarder you? Share the fun >:(
(I’m not really angry, I know I’ll never be able to afford them anyway)

I’d sell those extra copies of Space Invaders and SD Gundam if I were you, then you could afford to get Virtual Bowling.

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.