Original Post

Figured it would be nice to see everyone’s systems and game/accessory collections. I’m quite curious to see how many of the VBs on these forums are in good condition, and how many Blockbuster, retail display, japanese, etc kits there are among us.

Regrettably I sold the VB in my avatar many years ago after I first joined. I think I sold it to then fund the purchase of a new phat DS. Bad move.

I’ve just gotten back into the VB scene after missing it so much. I just purchased a Japanese console in mint condition, boxed. Can’t wait to share with everyone. I also bought a secondary head unit only because I thought I was going to be buying a VB set that had a defective head unit (I got out of that deal). I think I’ll be taking the spare apart and using it as parts for my Japanese model. Maybe have the ribbon cables soldered for when the Japanese model’s go bad.

So I’ll be posting my pictures soon. I have quite a few games already, which I’ll show when I get the console pics up.

But everyone else can start ahead of me. Let’s see those VBs!

277 Replies

Quaze wrote:
Updated collection pic for 2018 🙂

Wow! That’s impressive! I had to Google what Virtual Fall was. What is the game between Faceball Remastered and Virtual Bowling?

I guess that could be Space Invaders or Hyper Fighting, since those games are diagonal to each other.

My VB collection sorta exploded all over the house when I ran out of room in the little display case. So here’s just the general gaming situation.

I meant on the top row. I see by blowing it way up that it must be a different homebrew box for Gundam. I already saw two different Gundam boxes and haven’t seen this version.

Ha, I just saw the other Virtual Bowling and didn’t even think to look for a second one.

Yeah, that is one of the English Gundam repros.

Wow, some really great collections here! I love seeing how other people display their stuff!

Quaze…speechless! 😮

I have some interior renovations going on in my place at the moment, so I’ve taken my entire VB collection away from it all so I’m not to get any drywall dust all over it. I took the opportunity to put together a picture of SOME of my VB collection (yes, there’s more! 😉) minus my games. I have a really neat idea on a way for displaying everything, but it’s gonna take some time to do. But when I’m all set, I’ll definitely post a “grand reveal” picture.

It’s about time I finally show off my Virtual Boy set up in the new house. For some reason I thought I already shared it with you guys. I have a poster I still need to frame and hang.

Ah cool you got the Ikea kallax up and running. It looks nice with the 2 VB’s in it!

Minggus wrote:
Ah cool you got the Ikea kallax up and running. It looks nice with the 2 VB’s in it!

Thanks! It took me so long to get it but it was so worth the wait!

Quaze wrote:

What’s the white boxed VB ? Is it a debug version ?

Inirius wrote:

Quaze wrote:

What’s the white boxed VB ? Is it a debug version ?

Most white-boxed VBs that are accounted for contain USA VB systems that were made early on in the production run (having serial numbers close to the 1000 mark, more or less) and that were intended to be used only for demonstration purposes. They are, nevertheless, nearly identical to all the other commercially released USA VB systems. There is also at least one known white-boxed VB that contains a pre-production VB system that was sent to a developer some time before the production run, so the VB system therein has no serial number at all on it. Other than that, that system is also almost identical to the commercially released version.

I recently got a Blockbuster’s Virtual Boy Must See 3-D Sweepstakes brochure

Such a great brochure, I’ll love to get it 🙂 (and also find the VB cap)

Inirius wrote:
Such a great brochure, I’ll love to get it 🙂 (and also find the VB cap)

To this day, not a single person is known to have that specific VB cap. There is speculation that the cap’s design may have changed before the caps were actually made. Nevertheless, I also hope to find that specific version of the VB cap someday.

All the caps in the other member’s collection are not this specific one ? What are exactly the differences ?

Inirius wrote:
All the caps in the other member’s collection are not this specific one ? What are exactly the differences ?

The cap that’s shown in the brochure has a white-rectangular boarder around the VB logo, and has a purple streak between the lettering. The caps seen in some member’s collections only have the VB logo with red letters.

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
I recently got a Blockbuster’s Virtual Boy Must See 3-D Sweepstakes brochure

Nice score! That’s a mighty rare brochure. In my 10 years of collecting VB items, yours is only the 2nd one that I’ve ever seen available for purchase. It’s too bad that it’s missing the Sweepstakes Entry Form…but at the same time it’s cool because it shows that at least someone cared enough to try to enter the Sweepstakes 😀

Here’s a scan of the Entry Form for those that have never seen one…

I actually have one or two of these 3D Must See TV brochures in a box of Nintendo brochures that I had collected back in the day. I had no idea that they had any value to them. I just collected them because I was weird and the only one of my friends who was into Virtual Boy at the time.

ryucheese wrote:
I actually have one or two of these 3D Must See TV brochures in a box of Nintendo brochures that I had collected back in the day. I had no idea that they had any value to them. I just collected them because I was weird and the only one of my friends who was into Virtual Boy at the time.

Do any of your brochures still have the entry form attached?

Yes, both of them have the entry form attached. But after looking I see that I must have cut out the Virtual Boy logo on the first one for some reason. The second one is fully in tact. I also found a Virtual Boy coupon and another brochure while searching for the 3D Sweepstakes one. I took a picture of what I found.

ryucheese wrote:
Yes, both of them have the entry form attached. But after looking I see that I must have cut out the Virtual Boy logo on the first one for some reason. The second one is fully in tact. I also found a Virtual Boy coupon and another brochure while searching for the 3D Sweepstakes one. I took a picture of what I found.

Cool!

Care to sell the coupon?

PM me if so.

My collection is not very interesting as I don’t have all these cool merch you guys have,
But I did want to share I did end labels for the loose carts I got.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by JoePassive.
  • This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by JoePassive.

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.