Original Post

Well, some topics seem to get off ‘topic’ lately, and get into a discussion of repros and the process…what we are doing next ect.

I thought it might be a good idea to post stuff on this thread..organize it a bit.

Maybe make other threads that deal with cart shells or if we have a viable connector ect.

Now…where are we atm with reproductions

Well let’s see

I’m planning on sending out the free carts still. Need to get the labels..I’m going to send out 70 carts it looks like.

People that get a free cart can order the packaging at tusks website. The packaging has a small hold up on the hint-book. We’re not sure how much it will cost yet..depends on how many pages the instructions and hintbook has…Poster looks really sweet..morintari did the artwork for the poster and hintbook ect..

For people that want to buy one CIB…we will offer a few CIB (25?) (should the labels be the same?) Funny thing happened. After I released the rom..I stopped getting emails about copy-write stuff.

Blox will be released soonish..we’re going to do a small release at first (25) to make sure there is interest. Blox 2 isn’t going to be done yet..small issue with the save function.

Fastball: remastered still looks like it’s a go. Most of thunderstrucks changes that he has planned has been coded..But the job of coding 50 + levels might take a bit.

We’re going to do a small resupply of the boundhigh/space pinball carts in tusks store (25 of each). This will be the last resupply planned for a bit..so we can get other games done. So, if you haven’t gotten one..order them now (will be a few weeks til we get the new carts in)

After that..nothings been decided.

If we do an english version of gundam..prices will be higher. Richard has to make it have sram..so production costs on his side will be higher. I can prob get the batteries pretty cheap on my side..and install them in the USA.

Other ideas…english version of space squash (if it gets fully translated). I think this is a much better game (fun) to play then gundam. But, you really NEED the translation of gundam to play it..while space squash you can just pick up and play. So, not sure on which one I’d like done first…but I’d like both done.

Homebrews ? Should we split the more ‘commercial’ releases with homebrew releases ? I guess we’ll have to see how well blox does.

Fishbones…

gamehero…

Soviet Union collection…maybe horvat can combine his roms into one ‘collection’..if he wants to..we can do a release with that…

Virtual Chris came out with a bunch of games..maybe a collection ? have to see the interest

Anyway..just wanted to update people on where we are at.

Also, 3 kinda small points I want to make..might seem small..but I want to get it out there before any potential problems happen…

1st. My thoughts might not be Tusk’s or Mindstorm’s…so if I posts my thoughts here..please don’t take it as their thoughts πŸ™‚ Just cuz I say something here..doesn’t make it ‘official’ stuff.

2nd. You can post want you want to see done..but even if we get 20 posts saying ‘we want gundam’..don’t be upset if squash or something else is done first. Maybe we can get to the point that we have a vote on which game comes out next…but we aren’t there yet. We might not have the chips for a certain game..or the manual might not be done ect.

3rd. If I talk about games about to come out..or plans for future games..doesn’t mean we’re doing pre-order’s πŸ™‚ It would be helpful to know how many people are wanting to buy a game..but I don’t think we’ll be taking money ahead of time yet. That first bound high thing was a bit of a mess. Tusk had the packaging..then all of a sudden we could do CIB’s..but people didn’t seem to understand the time it took to get the connectors send them off to mindstorm..get them back..put the carts together ect. If we do any type of pre-ordering thingy..I think Tusk will post on another thread or something.

-Bigmak

245 Replies

thunderstruck wrote:

PizzaGeorge wrote:
Would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. πŸ™‚ I am PizzaGeorge, brand new member on this site.

vb zach wrote:
Hi I am new here… just wanted to introduce myself.

He guys. Good to have you here. As far as the reproductions go I would suggest you to pick up Bound High, SpaceSquash and Faceball when you get a chance as those are fun games. Gundam went up in value pretty fast but it is actually not that great of a game.

I have to agree with the THUNDER πŸ™‚

As a collector owning and having played through all 22 official releases, this neo-authentic reproduction trend hits me right in the spending spot. I’ll gladly shell out $80 + European shipping for a new CIB game ever so often; especially with the work of this wonderful community in mind. It’s an excellent way of breathing rejuvenated life into this odd, lovable console.

On behalf of my wallet, I also thank you for spreading out the releases. πŸ˜‰

My favorite kind of releases by far are the reprods of previously unreleased games/prototypes. I feel like I’m a member of some super exclusive chosen few who actually get to play these games on a real cart, from a real box, on a real console. Aside from the original promo carts, it’s as official as it will ever get. For obvious reasons these games are scarce in numbers. I can’t wait for the day when Dragon Hopper finally shows up.

Secondly I like the homebrew ones. It’s a pleasant nod to the talented and committed community. The translations are the only releases that I don’t buy, since I consider owning the original games to be enough for me. An exception would be a text heavy game like an RPG. I’ll let people who value these releases more than I claim their copies. :3

Bound high is my most treasured release so far. As if being an unreleased, finished product wasn’t enough, it’s also one of the console’s holy grails of gaming goodness. I played it through completely, almost having a mental breakdown over the deviously difficult expert mode. The game immediately secured its place amongst my top three.

I’m once again immensly grateful for all the time and effort put into this. I’ll always be excited for new releases and I hope that you will continue to feel the same. <3

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by Lopingg.

bigmak wrote:

Cosmoliner wrote:
Thanks Eric for the information.
Do you restock a few SD Gundam English Translation Set’s again?
I would like to bought it because I overslept the release complete. πŸ™

Bernd

That was the only one that we weren’t planning on restocking. The problems with ebay bothered us a bit.

How many people were unable to order this game before they sold out ?….I would really hate to deprive collectors or having a finished collection..but it’s hard when people sell this on ebay for 200 + each.

-Eric

Eric,

I was late also so.. no Gundam for me.. πŸ™ sniff.. maybe there is a possibility to offer them to Forum regulars who missed out? The 200$ + prices on ebay are really stupid.. any other solution available?

Thanks

-Rolf

VirtualRolf wrote:

bigmak wrote:

Cosmoliner wrote:

Bernd

That was the only one that we weren’t planning on restocking. The problems with ebay bothered us a bit.

How many people were unable to order this game before they sold out ?….I would really hate to deprive collectors or having a finished collection..but it’s hard when people sell this on ebay for 200 + each.

-Eric

Eric,

I was late also so.. no Gundam for me.. πŸ™ sniff.. maybe there is a possibility to offer them to Forum regulars who missed out? The 200$ + prices on ebay are really stupid.. any other solution available?

Thanks

-Rolf

Forgot to mention that I do own a flashboy+ but just love the feel of a complete release in my collection also as I dont have the money for a 750 – 850 dollar japanese release…

bigmak wrote:

Cosmoliner wrote:

Bernd

-Eric

Hi. Just posting here to say that I missed out on them too and would like to see them available again.

I’ve grown quite interested in making VB repros. I’ve never actually produced repros myself but I would like to know how. SNES and NES repros look easier to produce based on my research compared to the VB ones that seem to have a way smaller chip. The chip is so small that I don’t know which programmer would work for burning the rom. For the SNES and NES is just, remove, burn, attach. The VB ones on the other hand look a bit more complex. Even dumping the ROM looks like something that might take some time. I have no problem in getting the tools necessary for the job. I would probably use the repros for personal use though. I have no interest in selling them. The main reason I wish to learn how to make them is because the games are pretty expensive. My wife almost killed me when I bought Jack Bros and Insmouse no Yakata. Me having a newborn son and all. heh.

You really can’t re-program the chips inside the vboy carts. The easiest way is to make your on board/chips and attach it to the connector.

The cheapest way would be to use a flashboy (a re-flashable cart) and to use that to play your games πŸ™‚

Here’s something new – my 32MBit repro board –

Attachments:

Piece of art! Now for some 32Mbit games. Good job.

It’s a beauty!

32MBits?!? Man the project I’m working on now could *really* use that extra space… How soon until I can order one? πŸ˜‰

Looking awesome, Richard!

Now for some 32Mbit games

One exists already πŸ˜‰

MineStorm wrote:

One exists already πŸ˜‰

Would it be possible to make a 32Mbit Flashboy based on this board? I was thinking about a certain project and I can tell it’s going to be big.

MineStorm wrote:

One exists already πŸ˜‰

I wonder what that is then πŸ˜‰

MineStorm wrote:
Here’s something new – my 32MBit repro board –

That looks great. Are there any plans to release a new Flash Boy or will this design strictly be used for future homebrew reproductions?

VBmills wrote:

I wonder what that is then πŸ˜‰

I really hope it and the 2-player link cable are ready around the same time. ;]

Lester Knight wrote:
That looks great. Are there any plans to release a new Flash Boy or will this design strictly be used for future homebrew reproductions?

It wouldn’t make sense to make 4 MB homebrew games and not be able to test them before release.

HorvatM wrote:

It wouldn’t make sense to make 4 MB homebrew games and not be able to test them before release.

emulation has proven more than satisfactory for developmental purposes. there is no reason to assume it would not continue to be a tool for future > 2 MiB homebrew projects. the pictured design is clearly missing “flash kit” elements and the post stated it was a “repro board”. i posted my question in avoidance of assumption and in favor of fact. while i would like to agree, i’ll await a reply from richard before getting excited.

My guess is for now the 32Mbit boards are just for a certain 32MBit game, or perhaps other 32MBit games if more surface. However, maybe in the distant future a 32MBit flashboy might make sense, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up for anytime soon.

For now though, I’m very excited to see things are progressing along. Can’t wait to slide one of these bad boys in my VB’s cartridge slot =P

What VB game is 32Mbit?

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.