Original Post

In this thread we all want to post cool, spectacular, noteworthy, jaw-dropping […] Virtual Boy auctions on ebay, Yahoo or any other site…

At first here are two auctions on Yahoo Japan (Always cooool stuff on there!) for the japanese Nintendo Store Display:

➡<http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/58915948>

➡<http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c39350994>

KR155E

2,110 Replies

actually, €2000 for zero racers would a steal, wouldn’t it?

Maybe not a steal, but I wouldn’t think twice about it ;-).

DogP

$2000 for this collection. Not really that bad considering you get the box, blockbuster case, ac tap, eyeshade, headphones, and 23 games. 5 of them are sealed also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-Console-Games-Huge-Collection_W0QQitemZ250235685247QQihZ015QQcategoryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone think this was a good deal?

Never Used (but opened) Space Invaders for $406

😛

Yea, that seems to be a really good price. There have been a lot of space invaders up on ebay lately, and from what i’ve seen they have been going for 450 or so. I was looking at that space invaders up until the last 15 sec :). I thought about it long and hard, but I think i’m going to look for a US Jack bros. and a few others games that I want to play first.

-Eric

bigmak wrote:
I was looking at that space invaders up until the last 15 sec :).
-Eric

So YOU’RE the one who made the price go up $100 in 10 seconds.. 😛

BTW as of last night I am the proud owner of a Space Invaders cart… any guess what I paid for it? 😉

Also, I ended up getting a copy of Jack Bros a few weeks ago for a pretty good price as well… Seems like there has been a large number of rarer Virtual Boy games on eBay in the last month or so… course haven’t seen the ‘Big Three’ yet… not that I can afford them at this time…

Although in a few weeks I am going to a local Gaming Convention that looks fairly large, so maybe I’ll get lucky there…

Congratulations on getting that Space Invaders cart. I was going to go $200 a few days ago, but looks like it doesn’t matter anyway!

I was just able to get 3d tetris on ebay for 22.50 (with box Item number: 270226777986)…I’m very happy with that price. Not sure how the game is going to be yet. I think I played with something very similar on the atari lynx. Now if I can only find jack bros for that price…

-Eric

bigmak wrote:
I was just able to get 3d tetris on ebay for 22.50 (with box Item number: 270226777986)…I’m very happy with that price. Not sure how the game is going to be yet. I think I played with something very similar on the atari lynx. Now if I can only find jack bros for that price…

-Eric

I emailed the seller about a manual, and it doesn’t come with one…

I bought Mario Clash today for U.S $45, cart only. Did I get ripped off? I’m not sure what sort of price it usually goes for.

admeister wrote:
I bought Mario Clash today for U.S $45, cart only. Did I get ripped off? I’m not sure what sort of price it usually goes for.

Well, kind of. Usually you can get the complete thing for $40-50, sometimes a little less.

Ok, that kind of sucks then… I was bidding on a complete, sealed one, but I could tell it was going to be expensive so I gave up.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180231996484&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=008

Oh, I forgot to mention, the $45 USD was including postage (and I’m in Australia). It cost $31 USD for just the game.

• This reply was modified 16 years ago by admeister.

ebay 130216379856.

Nice loose lot, it has jack bros. and waterworld.

-Eric

Heres a very nice condition Jap VB in box with a couple games 320242211575. I would bid on it, but the shipping is a killer at $61. Everything seems to be in good order and wrapped up. Maybe if the shipping was a bit cheaper, but oh well.

‘Heres a very nice condition Jap VB in box with a couple games 320242211575. I would bid on it, but the shipping is a killer at $61. Everything seems to be in good order and wrapped up. Maybe if the shipping was a bit cheaper, but oh well.’

‘Complete in Box ! Good for Training one’s eyes !’

hahahaha

I’m really happy with this auction I won. Item 280216776879.

I got all the US games loose with manuals (plus the jap version of vertical force). It also came with the soft case, working vboy, ac adapter. All for $220 (includeing shipping). I was a bit worried about the guys feedback, but sure enough, it showed up 3 days after I won the auction.

I like the case. I’ll prob. still use the blockbuster one to carry the vboy around (less chance of scratches), but still a nice soft case. It has a few spots to hold loose games in also (which is nice).

I love getting all the games I didn’t have yet. Jack bros, water world, golf, mario clash and panic bomer (us version) are all new. There’s almost too many new games at once (only time i’ll say that about the vboy). I got 3-d tetris the same day, and space squash is on the way. With so many new games, I’m having a hard time just working on one game and something might get pushed to the side for a while (bye bye water world, to the shelf you go)

I’ve been pretty lucky I think buying lots. But, I’m starting to build up extra stock of things. I have extra vboys, adapters and loose games now. Oh well, better then not having them 🙂

-Eric

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=280219252116&Category=8168

PAL specification monitor output board VUE virtual boy

Another Space Invaders Auction!

And it looks like it is the same seller who I bought mine off of a few weeks ago…

Looks like someone really IS sitting on a box of Space Invaders… 😉
One of you BETTER get this… it rocks! :thumpup:

You already got yours ? cool…whats it like ? If I recently didn’t buy all of these games I might of made a run for it hrmmms….maybe I will anyway.

-Eric

bigmak wrote:
You already got yours ? cool…whats it like ?
-Eric

Well… it’s like Space Invaders, but in 3D! 😛

It’s got a ‘standard’ version which is your basic SI with a little 3D on the side panels, then the 3D version, which looks pretty wild. The Invaders and Ship are still 2d, but each line of invaders looks further away. The backgrounds look REALLY impressive in 3d though with the planet appearing very round, and the cityscape looking very cool with depth to the buildings, etc.

I didn’t play for too long though, as it is really Space Invaders… you’ve played it a million times. The 3D looks great when used (and even in 2D ‘original mode’ there is a subtle bit of it around the artwork on the sides, which is a nice touch and not distracting at all.

If you are a retro gaming fan (well you DO have a Virtual Boy) then it is worth it in my opinion if you can spare the $$$

FYI, the guy selling them is VERY impressive when it comes to shipping… I received the game from Japan THREE DAYS after making my PayPal payment, and it came wrapped up better then a newborn baby… I’ve had things shipped from 50 miles away that took longer!

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.