Original Post

In this thread we all want to post cool, spectacular, noteworthy, jaw-dropping […] Virtual Boy auctions on ebay, Yahoo or any other site…

At first here are two auctions on Yahoo Japan (Always cooool stuff on there!) for the japanese Nintendo Store Display:

➡<http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/58915948>

➡<http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c39350994>

KR155E

2,110 Replies

I’ll take this opportunity to thank you again for selling me one of your stands, Eric 🙂

Although that comes with original packaging, which is kinda nifty. Not $1400 nifty, but still, neat to have I’m sure.

speedyink schrieb:
I’ll take this opportunity to thank you again for selling me one of your stands, Eric 🙂

Although that comes with original packaging, which is kinda nifty. Not $1400 nifty, but still, neat to have I’m sure.

Hi Bigmak,Speedyink,
What do you think, how much I have to pay for a loose used stand or new one?

I’m looking for a japan stand since my first Virtualboy.
The stand looks fantastic and fits perfectly to the VB.
But the price for this is much to high…

Thanks,

Cosmo

Cosmoliner schrieb:

speedyink schrieb:

Hi Bigmak,Speedyink,

Thanks,

Cosmo

If I may add something here, it is always hard to say what rare items are worth and the sellers always hope for a crazy collector that pays an insane amount of money, which sometimes happens when you look at some auctions for the game “Hyper Fighting”. In my personal opinion 1.400 USD is way too high for that Japanese stand, just to give you an indication, you can get a middle size US store kiosk unit for around 1.200 USD + shipping on eBay. This one has even the nice Virtual Boy logo with a lamp on top, so why should anyone buy the Japanese stand for much more?
The Japanese stand you can see in my “Virtual Boy Extravaganza” video around 18:05 did cost less and it also came with the Mosaic box system:

VectrexRoli schrieb:

Cosmoliner schrieb:

speedyink schrieb:

Hi Bigmak,Speedyink,

Thanks,

Cosmo

If I may add something here, it is always hard to say what rare items are worth and the sellers always hope for a crazy collector that pays an insane amount of money, which sometimes happens when you look at some auctions for the game “Hyper Fighting”. In my personal opinion 1.400 USD is way too high for that Japanese stand, just to give you an indication, you can get a middle size US store kiosk unit for around 1.200 USD + shipping on eBay. This one has even the nice Virtual Boy logo with a lamp on top, so why should anyone buy the Japanese stand for much more?
The Japanese stand you can see in my “Virtual Boy Extravaganza” video around 18:05 did cost less and it also came with the Mosaic box system:
https://youtu.be/QDChfJb0aLU

Thanks Rolli for your responce,

Sorry for my english.
I now It take some time and luck to get a stand here on PVB or ebay.
Sometimes,somewhere…..

About the US Store-Kiosk,a few weeks ago a guy from NewYork sell his like new kiosk on ebay for 500$ buy now.But he dont want ship the kiosk,only for pick up.I wished I had a friend in NewYork 😉
I ask him if he would ship to germany but he never give my any responce..

Rolli-I always enjoy your videos,they are verry interesting and funny.

Sorry for my english.
I now It take some time and luck to get a stand here on PVB or ebay.
Sometimes,somewhere…..

About the US Store-Kiosk,a few weeks ago a guy from NewYork sell his like new kiosk on ebay for 500$ buy now.But he dont want ship the kiosk,only for pick up.I wished I had a friend in NewYork 😉
I ask him if he would ship to germany but he never give my any responce..

Rolli-I always enjoy your videos,they are verry interesting and funny.

Thanks 😉 Well I know the issue, it took me ages to find someone from the US willing to ship that store kiosk to Europe.

Hi Bigmak,Speedyink,

Thanks,

Cosmo

As Roli said, it’s hard to put a value on these things. I’ve seen them at a huge variety of prices, and they’re usually different amounts of “Complete” too. I think I saw one for around $500 online once, with a VB, but was missing some pieces I seem to remember.

speedyink wrote:

Hi Bigmak,Speedyink,

Thanks,

Cosmo

As Roli said, it’s hard to put a value on these things. I’ve seen them at a huge variety of prices, and they’re usually different amounts of “Complete” too. I think I saw one for around $500 online once, with a VB, but was missing some pieces I seem to remember.

A couple of years ago, I remember a couple of these stands appearing on eBay with low starting bids, so the bidders were allowed to determine the prices instead of the sellers. Each one was just a loose black stand, so no original packaging to go with them, and one or both of them might have even been missing a clamp or two. They each sold for about $200.00 to $250.00, not including shipping.

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

A couple of years ago, I remember a couple of these stands appearing on eBay with low starting bids, so the bidders were allowed to determine the prices instead of the sellers. Each one was just a loose black stand, so no original packaging to go with them, and one or both of them might have even been missing a clamp or two. They each sold for about $200.00 to $250.00, not including shipping.

That’s some good info, thanks Ben

Thank you all for the information!
Happy holidays 🙂

Bound High reproduction at a whopping $1200.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-3D-VB-Virtual-Boy-BOUND-HIGH-US-version-English-/172050149203?hash=item280efcef53:g:2JAAAOSwJkJWibuT

I wish they would make a few more of these. I’ll never be able to afford the item if it’s going at this current rate.

this is nothing amazing, but i thought it was cool. a wario land game with a blockbuster sticker still on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-Wario-Land-game-/172073682536?hash=item2810640668:g:GgsAAOSwwPhWlUU5

Wow, that is cool!

I wonder what international shipping through a proxy service would cost for that jewel!

Dor-Si wrote:
I wonder what international shipping through a proxy service would cost for that jewel!

That’s a case where I would contact my Proxy service to make sure that they would even ship the thing at all across seas, before placing any bid on the item.

I’d guess that shipping to the USA from Japan for an item like that would easily be over $500.00. Just a year’s worth of Famitsu magazines cost over $300.00 to ship from Japan to the USA.

Actually, if anybody on here has a large floor model display and can weigh it, please let us know how much it weighs!

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.