Original Post

In this thread we all want to post cool, spectacular, noteworthy, jaw-dropping […] Virtual Boy auctions on ebay, Yahoo or any other site…

At first here are two auctions on Yahoo Japan (Always cooool stuff on there!) for the japanese Nintendo Store Display:

➡<http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/58915948>

➡<http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c39350994>

KR155E

2,110 Replies

Hey everyone,

Glad you like the price of the case, we try to keep our prices as low as possible. As for pictures being worth a thousand words, on one hand we know that and are working our butts off to revise the site so that all of our stuff can feature pictures…

HOWEVER, when the average item that you sell is less than $5, our plan is to only show good label stuff. We have very exacting standards for what those are, and therefore we’re sure that we won’t have to keep taking pictures of stuff. For poor label stuff, generally I don’t expect I’ll be taking pictures, as we carry over 100,000 items, and unless I can do this full time (right now, it’s a hobby) I simply don’t have enough time to take pictures of and figure out where each different copy of Pac-Man or whatever went. Sorry.

As for the case though, the inside is great. The label has some minor rips in it too, probably that a nickel could cover up, directly to the right of the Virtual Boy logo on it. There is also a very minor nick directly below the letter R.

The inside looks great.

Compared to a LOT of these cases that I have seen, this one is one of the better ones — but, unless it is flawless it gets listed as “poor”. Hope this helps anyone thinking about getting it. If you ever have questions, do feel free to contact us, I’m happy to pull something out and describe it in detail whenever I can 🙂 And glad people are looking at us for Virtual Boy stuff! We’re doing our best to keep it stocked and cheap, although it’s definitely a challenge!

goatdan wrote:
Hey everyone,

Glad you like the price of the case, we try to keep our prices as low as possible. As for pictures being worth a thousand words, on one hand we know that and are working our butts off to revise the site so that all of our stuff can feature pictures…

HOWEVER, when the average item that you sell is less than $5, our plan is to only show good label stuff. We have very exacting standards for what those are, and therefore we’re sure that we won’t have to keep taking pictures of stuff. For poor label stuff, generally I don’t expect I’ll be taking pictures, as we carry over 100,000 items, and unless I can do this full time (right now, it’s a hobby) I simply don’t have enough time to take pictures of and figure out where each different copy of Pac-Man or whatever went. Sorry.

As for the case though, the inside is great. The label has some minor rips in it too, probably that a nickel could cover up, directly to the right of the Virtual Boy logo on it. There is also a very minor nick directly below the letter R.

The inside looks great.

Compared to a LOT of these cases that I have seen, this one is one of the better ones — but, unless it is flawless it gets listed as “poor”. Hope this helps anyone thinking about getting it. If you ever have questions, do feel free to contact us, I’m happy to pull something out and describe it in detail whenever I can 🙂 And glad people are looking at us for Virtual Boy stuff! We’re doing our best to keep it stocked and cheap, although it’s definitely a challenge!

Thanks for the description. 100,000 items in inventory is hardly a hobby shop, and I still feel that any “poor” condition item that you’re selling for $75 deserves a pic more than an excellent condition item you’re selling for less than that. I’d maybe judge used items that deserve a pic by your cost, and not condition. It’s your store, run it how you like, I’m just giving honest feedback. Once again, $75 is a fair price for your case. I’m not arguing with you there. Do your thing, have fun, but consider adding pics of used poor condition items if they demand a collector’s price. Best of luck with your business, plenty of people vouch for you here. 🙂

RidingHero wrote:

Thanks for the description. 100,000 items in inventory is hardly a hobby shop. 🙂

Hey, I *wish* we could do it as more than just a hobby shop, but trust me — we do enough other stuff too, like running the Midwest Gaming Classic. Maybe once we get pictures of everything else in stock in our system, we can do some poor condition stuff on a limited basis too… BUT, as for right now, we’re at least a year off. Too much to do, and unless we suddenly start making enough money at this thing for us to do it full time, I just can’t spend much more time on it.

Thanks for the kind words, we do our best!

gunpeiyokoifan wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-HUGE-18-x18-display-box-VIRTUAL-BOY-Nesters-Funk-/280540808358?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41518904a6

a Nester’s Funky Bowling huge display box!

has anyone here ever seen such a thing?

Very cool box, I won it. Who were the other two high rollers bidding against me?

With my luck, 50 of these things will pop up on eBay in the next year. 😛

RidingHero wrote:
Who were the other two high rollers bidding against me?

Wasn’t me… 😉

really cool you won it though!

I whas willing to bid on this item but forgot the end time and wassent at home 🙁
so there whas no bid from me

a TV Boy (also called “Video Boy”) for… $50,000.00! 😀 http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-TV-Boy-VIRTUAL-BOY-GAMES-TV-/110569292516?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19be7182e4

Unrelated to the TV Boy: I just won Red Alarm, Galactic Pinball and Teleroboxer for $36 dollars! is that a good price? they are all complete

a TV Boy (also called “Video Boy”) for… $50,000.00! http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-TV-Boy-VIRTUAL-BOY-GAMES-TV-/110569292516?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19be7182e4

Wow! Thats a hot item! But I think he won’t sell it for this price 😉 It’s difficult to set a price for such rare item, which nobody have seen before. When I was him I would make it public on the internet before selling it. I have the same problem with a non-released gaming system. Because it’s unknown nobody want to pay a high price until I arouse collector’s interest.

I got a Virtual Boy Rental Carrying Case today for 200$, after cutting the price. It is in a good condition I think. With some light scratches on box and a little scratch on the red Virtual Boy sticker., it’s ok. Inside the box is a complete Virtual Boy system with an extra AC adapter and Mario Tennis. Now I have two VBs. I’m sure I can sell one for 200$. So I payed nothing for the case 😀

i have seen this item before on ebay dont know iff this is the same one.

whas iff i’m correct also this year and also a real high price

Yes, it is the same. The last time it was offered on ebay was in april this year for the same price and 18 buy offers (old link). Would like to know how much they offered. I’m sure he won’t get more than 1000$ for it 😉

But it is a intresting hardware. Look at this ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Virtual-Boy-Shoshinkai-3D-Goggles-3D-Specs-JP-RARE-/120599630621?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item1c144c531d

I found some information about a special VB hardware which was used at the Spaceworld 94 with a red/blue 3D effect for showing games on normal screens in 3D. Maybe this goggles and the “VB TV” were used together. But this “VB TV” seems not to have such an option for red/blue 3D graphics.

Those 3D glasses are not the Red/Blue variety. I’ve never seen them but I do have the Nintendo Power 3D glasses which have clear lenses and make the red jump off the page to some degree. Maybe these work the same way? In that case they probably would work with the video boy.

Those 3D glasses are not the Red/Blue variety. I’ve never seen them but I do have the Nintendo Power 3D glasses which have clear lenses and make the red jump off the page to some degree. Maybe these work the same way? In that case they probably would work with the video boy.

Your right, this glasses dont’t have red/blue filter 😉 I thought it might be incomplete without red/blue filter. But it make sense when the Nintendo Power 3D Glasses have the same technology. Anyway, the Nintendo Power Glasses were used for pictures right? I think these 3D glasses on ebay are different. The can only be used for videos.

I have found a video (it is also available on planetvb), which shows the use of this 3D glasses offered on ebay:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7505825522759897349#

In 1:43 you can see it. I think it is using another special hardware for this 3D-effect. So the VB TV is for developer only. Like the Game Boy Wide-Boy to test GB games on TV.

I wonder why the seller of the 3D glasses can say its “fully working”. To test it he would have to have the whole system at home 😉

And the information about red/blue 3D technology maybe isn’t reliable. It would not make sense to use this old technology.

• This reply was modified 13 years, 8 months ago by SNK.

Sorry for a second posting, but I can’t edit or delete my other posting anymore. So please ignore my other posting 😉

Those glasses offered on ebay have red/blue (red/green) glasses. I found this picture on our lovely site:

So my information about a special Virtual Boy system with red/blue 3D technolgy are true. But I don’t want to discuss it in this topic. Maybe I have to ask Chris 😉

Actually, the ones on ebay look like polarized glasses. They must have made both.

Also I’m pretty sure the $50,000 box on ebay is capable of producing red/blue output from a VB game on a standard (PAL) TV/projector.

Also, the Nintendo Power magazine glasses are different from both of the above glasses. They’re called “ChromaDepth” and they use what are essentially prisms in each lens to bend different wavelengths of light different amounts, which makes different hues appear at different depths (the prisms face opposite directions, so artificial parallax is created). Red is closest, and as you go through the “rainbow” the colors recede into the page/screen/whatever. They don’t work very well on video displays because of the relatively small range of wavelengths and the low resolution/poor color mixing.

Oh geez…
http://cgi.ebay.com/VirtualBoy-Lot-10-Defect-VB-Sys-5-Sensors-/190427204491?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

so many dead mistreated Virtual Boys piled up…
SO MANY DEAD VIRTUAL BOYS *curls into ball expecting terrible nightmares* 😯

“5 sensors”… what do they mean by that?

DanB wrote:
“5 sensors”… what do they mean by that?

I was wondering that myself too

First post here 😉

Going back to the $50,000 item, I’m curious about the last picture of games he posted on the auction, what game is it?

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.