Original Post

In this thread we all want to post cool, spectacular, noteworthy, jaw-dropping […] Virtual Boy auctions on ebay, Yahoo or any other site…

At first here are two auctions on Yahoo Japan (Always cooool stuff on there!) for the japanese Nintendo Store Display:

➡<http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/58915948>

➡<http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c39350994>

KR155E

2,110 Replies

vb-fan wrote:
“Member since January 29, two thousand thirteen”.

Yikes. At least ebay will refund your money up to a point — but this will go beyond that point….

😯

As long as you follow the precepts of the Buyer Protection Plan, you are *fully* protected by both eBay and Paypal.

Just be sure to document all stages of the purchase.

I’ll second this, eBay Buyer Protection is incredibly helpful. I had a situation with an auction recently where the seller basically “took my money and ran” – no communication, never shipped my item, nothing. I sent him a couple messages through eBay, but when I got no response, I opened a case with eBay, and he had a week to respond to it – with a few hours to go on his deadline, he kicked it further up the chain to be reviewed. Within five minutes of that, the dispute was ruled in my favor and I had my refund.

Curiously, he had 100% positive feedback when the auction ended, but by the time this situation was resolved, mine was one of about six negatives on his record.

It’s possible you weren’t interacting with the actual seller. I often get phishing emails, forward them to “spoof at ebay.com”. They want you to verify your ebay username and password (the links always go to a weird site).

Then, with your ID, they sell things like Superbowl tickets. By the time the victim starts getting complaints (thief changes the email address), victim complaining “But I wasn’t SELLING anything!” — the thieves are long gone.

Him escalating it gives him more time to receive bogus payments (and to vamoose).

Ebay NEVER solicits information; neither does paypal — and paypal messages always use your REGISTERED NAME, never “Dear Paypal User”…

There are two things wrong with that auction:

1) Collector mentality.
2) That ridiculous arbitrary grading system.

To the lucky winner: Enjoy your $5,000 game! ^_^

Japanese Magazine up for auction:

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k156944504

Used Games: 1998 Autumn Vol. 8

It says that it contains information about the Virtual Boy. Based on the seller’s description, it seems that there is a large article that deals with the tragedy of the system.

there are people who collect nothing but graded games. i’ve no idea if there is an official price guide, like the overstreet guide for comics. for all i know his prices are spot on or only slightly inflated.

i sold graded comics on ebay for 2 years. all of them were over 9.6 and some sold for 2-3K. sometimes its amazing what collectors will pay.

Rare nintendo virtual boy stand replacement parts original
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-nintendo-virtual-boy-stand-replacement-parts-original-/170983850212?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item27cf6e80e4

Lester Knight schrieb:
sometimes its amazing what collectors will pay.

nevertheless insane prices. will make think other sellers that they can do it too, thats the simple truth. and thats why I object to it, you may like it or not.

i would agree that it often starts a trend. i often see these trends happen in the comic industry following a death (either a creator or a character). the issues will spike in a falsely inflated bubble that pops as soon as it occurs, as 99% of the time the books are worth what they were before this tragedy occurred.

sometimes the inflated price happens by nefarious means. like when captain america died. according to our distributer at diamond distribution, they only had a small run of the book for distributers. this pointed to the fact that marvel intentionally published a smaller run of the book than the amount ordered 3 months ahead of time. the day it arrived we sold out of it by the afternoon, which is unheard of in a small shop. the next day the book was on eBay, we watched as one sold for over $1,000. a week later, marvel released another run of the book and the price dropped between $5-7 for a 9.5 grade.

if the consumer is not educated enough to make on the spot impulse buys then they should instead conduct a bit of research first. after all, this is an online auction. it stands to reason the person has internet access and hopefully 30 minutes of time to poke around using Google.

Lester Knight wrote:
there are people who collect nothing but graded games. i’ve no idea if there is an official price guide, like the overstreet guide for comics. for all i know his prices are spot on or only slightly inflated.

i sold graded comics on ebay for 2 years. all of them were over 9.6 and some sold for 2-3K. sometimes its amazing what collectors will pay.

Rare nintendo virtual boy stand replacement parts original
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-nintendo-virtual-boy-stand-replacement-parts-original-/170983850212?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item27cf6e80e4

Why would anyone buy replacement parts, when they’re just going to break again soon anyway? (He says, “Including the piece that is cracked on most stands” — there’s a REASON for that, Einstein!)

I like my repair on two stands; very solid, will never break again.

vb-fan wrote:

Why would anyone buy replacement parts, when they’re just going to break again soon anyway? (He says, “Including the piece that is cracked on most stands” — there’s a REASON for that, Einstein!)

I am guessing that, most likely, a prospective buyer would not be buying these in order to actually use them as replacement parts but rather to have an interesting collector’s piece. Official replacement parts with official Nintendo instructions just never appear for sale, so this is a neat memento from the Virtual Boy market life era.

Virtual Boy Ad Pamplhet – $50

Hudson Soft Virtual Boy lapel pin – $500 O_O; — I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of these before and way too high. Anyone interested? :p

jrronimo wrote:
Hudson Soft Virtual Boy lapel pin – $500 O_O; — I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of these before and way too high. Anyone interested? :p

How about 50% off and who knows how much more off the seller will accept?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-pin-E3-2004-brand-new-in-sealed-package-/370622329435?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564acff25b&_uhb=1

Well i have one of those Hudson pin and its new in that plastic bag…
I belive i spent around 100dollar for it. I did buy it from ebay.

So the coast 250-500 dollar is way to much…

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

jrronimo wrote:

How about 50% off and who knows how much more off the seller will accept?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-pin-E3-2004-brand-new-in-sealed-package-/370622329435?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564acff25b&_uhb=1

Haha, that’s what I get for not searching for the item, just posting the one I found. >< Nice. I still don't think I need one... heh.

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.