Original Post

In this thread we all want to post cool, spectacular, noteworthy, jaw-dropping […] Virtual Boy auctions on ebay, Yahoo or any other site…

At first here are two auctions on Yahoo Japan (Always cooool stuff on there!) for the japanese Nintendo Store Display:

➡<http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/58915948>

➡<http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c39350994>

KR155E

2,110 Replies

Why can’t you wait until an Auction is finished?
So the chance to get something more cheap is gone :p

NR20, it doesn’t matter the auction is finished or not. Virtual Boy Hunters are always “on duty”, and I’m sure this is not the only forum in which you can find a message regarding these auctions. These two items would be a great addition to any collection (including mine!), but I’m sure their ending prices will be much higher than the current ones. One collector here paid nearly 2,000 US dollars for one Space Pinball demo shown at CES’95 (or something similar.), so imagine how high prices can get regarding virtual boy items…

Yes, I know that, but I think those who post links like that are stupid, because they are increasing the price on there own, so there chance to get the item, maybe for a lower price, drops directly.

Let’s think only 100 people saw this auction…now because people like you are posting the links everywhere 1000 people saw the auction.

So…how will the price be lower?

NR20 wrote:
Yes, I know that, but I think those who post links like that are stupid, because they are increasing the price on there own, so there chance to get the item, maybe for a lower price, drops directly.

Let’s think only 100 people saw this auction…now because people like you are posting the links everywhere 1000 people saw the auction.

So…how will the price be lower?

I didn’t post the links…

Oh…eh…yes…sorry You know what I mean 😉

This is why I always bid before I post. 😀

Actually, there’s only a day and a few hours to go, so it may not get that expensive…. Does KR155E already have the contents of those floppy disks though?

Oh, and one last question… How do you search foreign eBay sites? Do you just have to know where they are?

so, both items go to iko-da from v-b.net for 1.561 and 334 euro.

i did not expect that O_o

I expected the cart to go for 1.200 euro and the manual for 150-200 euro. But I guess this is what auctions have, if you really want it, the price goes really high 😛

Holy Shit, I have to work 2 months for those 2 items 😀

2000 € ? This guy is completely mad. Who would pay that much for THAT ?

or best offer
i already have an offer of 2000 on jack bros by some dutch collector
but i have to wait 1 month till he has the money, so meanwhile maybe some collector can pay it directly

Collectors are mad…

well, ofcourse these items are increadibly rare.
howmany proto’s are laying around?
if i am correct there now including mine 11.
compare that to other systems of nintendo / sega
there are thousands available
for example i know a gameshop in my town where the owner has hundreds of proto’s of nes,snes and gameboy
the only bad thing is at the moment the high euro price against the low dollar.

The games are:

A) Commercial Releases
B) Dumped

If you really want to try and get anything reasonable for them, you would try them out and detail what is so unique about them. It looks to the average viewer that these are no more than eproms, flashed with readily available rom dumps of commercial games.

Anyone with blank eproms and an eprom programmer could make them. All people are really buying is the board. Check the links on this website and you can make your own.

You are buying the board really. Say $200 – $300 US worth.
Didn’t someone say already they were off Yahoo Japan and only went for a few hundred US….

Finally there are more than 11 eprom Nintendo boards in the wild… many more.

I am all for rare games and auctions, but trying to deceive people is wrong.

Do your research people, this website alone contains many answers.

I agree with 10YLL, good post.

Maybe if it was for something that already hasn’t been released, then it would be more worth the ridiculous price. Like Zero Racers 😛

Yeah… seriously… I really doubt anyone will pay anywhere near that for the “Mystery Box” games. If there are any differences between the released version and the version you have, telling what they are could only increase the value of the game. So by you saying there may be differences, but you’re leaving that to the buyer means to me that it’s the same as the released version. If you really can’t see any differences, I would also dump the EPROMs and hope that there is a difference. If there’s no difference, then the real value is the blank cart and the price of the EPROMs.

The way I see it, those items are pretty common… for several months those blank carts were available on Yahoo JP every week (selling for ~$200). A blank cart is probably worth more than that now since they’re no longer easily obtainable, but with the games being released, unless they’re totally different, there’s no way they’re worth anywhere near that much.

You just recently bought them… did you buy them only with the intent to flip them? Did you do any research before buying them? Why don’t you contact the person you got them from and try to get some history on them, or post who you got them from so others can contact them?

And yes… I’d pay that much for Zero Racers ;-).

DogP

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.