Original Post

In this thread we all want to post cool, spectacular, noteworthy, jaw-dropping […] Virtual Boy auctions on ebay, Yahoo or any other site…

At first here are two auctions on Yahoo Japan (Always cooool stuff on there!) for the japanese Nintendo Store Display:

➡<http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/58915948>

➡<http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c39350994>

KR155E

2,110 Replies

Arvester wrote:
Yes, shipping is like 8$ for me… now you understand why it’s so difficult to collect VB games for us Europeans… when I buy from US market the shipping is almsot as expensive as the game price…

Don’t forget the extra custom fees that you need to pay when the seller only sends via the Global Shipping Program. Man, that sucks… Haven’t bought a long while from eBay USA.
I also hope that one day, Virtual Bowling (the only game I still need) will pop up on eBay located in Europe.

never seen this or knowing what it is exactly
iff i read the japan ad then i see this ( maybe somebody els know beter japans then me and can see what it is :

Virtual lab VIRTUAL LAB not for sale clear file
This is a promotional items Nintendo Virtual Boy dedicated software virtual lab.

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n142450969

Oh, someone had one of those for sale a bit ago. It’s a promo item.

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=28545#forumpost28545

It’s like a sheet protector ?

-Eric

Virtual Playing cards new sealed
its a auction and stand on 1.99$ and have no bids on it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-Playing-Cards-import-Japan-brand-new-sealed-/351362642097?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Just a tip for bidding on auctions in general:

If you wait until the last moment to throw your best bid on an auction, you won’t allow any shill bidder to guess your amount and artificially jack up the price you pay on your desired item.

Don’t give shill bidders a chance to take more of your hard-earned money.

bigmak wrote:
WAY TOO EXPENSIVE

That’s about right for a VGA graded item.

It looks nice, but I wouldn’t even pay a quarter what they’re asking

Well not an auction, but I got this link from a friend which I shared in the Virtual Boy Facebook group and want to share also here:
Virtual Boy

This is a Japanese web store and they sell also Virtual Boy games. Maybe useful in case you still need some of the common Japanese titles.

That was me who won the entry form. I also own a NBC/BLOCKBUSTER “Must See 3-D Sweepstakes” Brochure that has an official entry form attached to the last page, but I never seen one just from NBC. I contacted the seller and he said it came from a store called eb games, said he purchased a few games and they just threw that in the bag.

vuefinder83 wrote:
That was me who won the entry form. I also own a NBC/BLOCKBUSTER “Must See 3-D Sweepstakes” Brochure that has an official entry form attached to the last page, but I never seen one just from NBC. I contacted the seller and he said it came from a store called eb games, said he purchased a few games and they just threw that in the bag.

Cool! Can you post pics of all the other pages of the NBC/BLOCKBUSTER “Must See 3-D Sweepstakes” Brochure, too?

i whas bidding on it bud have stopt beacouse price gets to high i think
what will this be worth you think benjamin in usa / europa

mawa wrote:
i whas bidding on it bud have stopt beacouse price gets to high i think
what will this be worth you think benjamin in usa / europa

I personally think that it is worth over 1,000 US Dollars or over 900 Euros.

I whas tinking about 900 to 1100 euro so i have stop bidding
someday i will buy one in japan but not for this price
( Lucky i still know the location of 2 in japan ) i only need to get the owners to sell one to me 🙁

Nice piece, but it didn’t appear to have the Japan-only (AFAIK) floor plate – a large, heavy metal plate you stand on while playing. The plate hooks over the bottom legs of the display unit, but isn’t physically attached to it. Fortunately, I was in Japan a number of years ago, and met a guy who had the foot plate on his display. I was able to work a deal for the foot plate, so now it’s on my US display unit.

I’m told that, when the VB died, Nintendo reps went around tossing these units. Shame.

pinmagic wrote:
Nice piece, but it didn’t appear to have the Japan-only (AFAIK) floor plate – a large, heavy metal plate you stand on while playing. The plate hooks over the bottom legs of the display unit, but isn’t physically attached to it. Fortunately, I was in Japan a number of years ago, and met a guy who had the foot plate on his display. I was able to work a deal for the foot plate, so now it’s on my US display unit.

I’m told that, when the VB died, Nintendo reps went around tossing these units. Shame.

Neat! Could you please provide us a pic of the floor plate on your display unit?

It’s heavy and solid. The guy in Japan just wrapped it in some brown craft paper, and dropped it in the mail. Survived just fine.

Wow, that is cool.

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.