Original Post

In this thread we all want to post cool, spectacular, noteworthy, jaw-dropping […] Virtual Boy auctions on ebay, Yahoo or any other site…

At first here are two auctions on Yahoo Japan (Always cooool stuff on there!) for the japanese Nintendo Store Display:

➡<http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/58915948>

➡<http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c39350994>

KR155E

2,110 Replies

The price it is listed at is less than what I paid for mine.

This game should really be number 1 on the rarity list for Virtual Boy games.

I guess I will have to wait until someone donates it to me 🙂

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
The price it is listed at is less than what I paid for mine.

This game should really be number 1 on the rarity list for Virtual Boy games.

Should I be concerned that the bottom of the box has some wear and tape? Or is so rare that I should find a way to get it?

I agree with Ben, it comes up less often than any other title. I haven’t seen another one since I grabbed mine off yahoo Japan back in July. The real questions are how motivated are you and will the tape issue really bother you?

The box as a whole appears straight, so that’s a plus…but if the tape on bottom is going to keep you up at night or cause a chronic case of buyer’s remorse, then maybe wait for a better copy? Although, that may be a very long time, plus its a gamble whether the next one will be any better.

If I didn’t already have a copy, I’d probably submit a fair offer before committing $800.

“I have a few things for sale.
snes console-$40
virtual boy console-$75(has wall adapter)
virtual boy games-8 different titles(priced separate)
super metroid snes-$35
mega man x snes-$20
contra force nes-$80
Godzilla 2 nes-$70
famicom system(yellowed but works and complete)-$60
I have a few other things I would consider selling for the right price. I’m in no hurry to get rid of this stuff so don’t send me offers. the prices are the lowest I’m interested in going. I will sell all the virtual boy as a lot. would come with working unit, carrying case,8 games and wall adapter.price is $130. if interested please text/call (Number removed). I will update the listing if anything sells.
thanks”

^Local craigslist ad, its cool to see because nobody in my town has cool VB stuff. This is the second ad I have ever seen. I called and he is gonna text me a list of the games soon, so I am honestly excited.

foil_lone_wolf wrote:

Should I be concerned that the bottom of the box has some wear and tape? Or is so rare that I should find a way to get it?

In the more than 1 year and a half that I’ve been tracking Ebay, I’ve seen a complete copy of Virtual Lab up for sale twice. On two occasions during that same time period, users on this site offered their copies for sale on this site. Then I saw the one that Dor-Si got on Yahoo auctions a little while ago. That’s the total I’ve seen.

There might be 2 that surface per year on average, I would guess, so if you want to wait it out, that is a likely outlook to have.

I’m not good at being patient, as bigmak can tell you, so I would do whatever is necessary to get it, and then if another one in better condition pops up in the future, that could be purchased as well, and the lesser conditioned one could likely be sold for probably about what was paid for it, since there will likely be more serious collectors looking for it at that time. Of course, should another one not pop up, you’d already have your complete copy.

But like Dor-Si said, I’d make an offer for this one before going at it at full cost, since it’s probably not going to disappear too quickly, I would guess.

benjamin i think you are correct whit about 1 or 2 in a year
and i also think this is the number 1 rare game for virtual boy
I think 550$ to 600$ will be a good price for this Virtual Lab
but the most rare games in my eye for virtual boy are the japan store demo games teleroboxer / galaxtic pinbill / red alarm / mario tennis that are the most rare boxed games for virtual boy ( with i think teleroboxer on number one )mario clash jap / warioland jap are normally easy to get

I have buy mine Virtual lab on yahoo about 3 years it whas a old stock brand new one never opend or used.
I never have seen a brand new one for sale ( what do you people that mine virtaul lab will be worth its in mint condition )

I would have to give a mint and complete copy of Virtual Lab a worth of at least $1200 to $1300, in order to put it on par with complete (but not necessarily mint) copies of Virtual Bowling, primarily because of Virtual Lab’s extreme rarity (I’m sure most would agree that Virtual Lab certainly isn’t as well-made or fun as Virtual Bowling, though).

I also think that $600 is a good offer for this copy of Virtual Lab on Ebay at present, especially because of the condition of the box. However, the current sale price of 20% off also looks like a good price to me. Concerning one of the two Ebay auctions for Virtual Lab in the past, which I mentioned in my previous post, I lost the one auction with a bid of $700. There was one person who bid higher than me and won that auction. It’s condition was a little better than the current one, but I still think the current one is in nice condition, despite the wear and tape on the bottom of the box.

Sad, I only need the stand.

Nice find, not a bad price either.

Are there Any one how is biding on this one. I really want that item but i can not bid on Yahoo items 🙁

Have you looked into proxy services online, which will do the bidding on Yahoo Auctions Japan for you?

If not, I would recommend searching for “Yahoo Auctions Japan proxy service” on Google and see what proxy service would be best for you.

Appears that another US Demo found its way onto Ebay! …and the gloves come off! Goodluck everyone! 🙂

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-production-NINTENDO-VIRTUAL-BOY-GAME-SYSTEM-Used-Sample-Display-Box-/110985475635?pt=Video_Games&hash=item19d73ff633

• This reply was modified 11 years, 4 months ago by Dor-Si.

Very nice. I hope you already plan to ask the seller for the Serial Number of this unit.

Already done. A new pic should be added soon

*Edit*

Gloves going back on. It’s looking like the Mrs. will kill me if I bid on this thing…

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.