Original Post

PLEASE CONTACT ME BY EMAIL! janevgen@sbcglobal.net

If you message me here i wont see it. I’m always actively repairing VB consoles! The day i stop i will let everyone know.

over 1000 Virtual boy consoles repaired between PlanetVB Videogamesage here and ebay! with a 100% satisfaction rate and 5 years experience!

I use high grade hakko solder equipment with a micro soldering iron, microscope, and leaded solder to repair your console! I’ve been soldering for over 16 years!

If you have further issues with your console pm me. I can fix and or replace more than just the displays.

~~(Price for solder fix)~~

55 USD by Paypal will cover one virtual boy console and or both displays. Shipping cost details are below. If you have two consoles its 110 dollars

I’ll also clean your console and shine it up as a free bonus.

~~(Return Shipping cost in USD and packing instructions)~~

1 VB console with 200 insurance is (17.99) USPS medium flat rate. (no insurance is 14.99)

2 VB consoles 400 insurance is (26.99) USPS large flat rate. (no insurance 22.49)

Displays: with 200 insurance is (10.99) USPS small flat rate. insurance increases per pair of displays. (no insurance 8.49)

Displays (basic shipping): bubble mailer in a cd case well packed, no insurance 4.99

I can also do free local pick up.

If you prefer a different shipping method let me know.

A console fits in a usps medium flat rate and 2 console in a large flat rate box.

Displays can be wrapped in anti static plastic or paper towels and put in a cd case and then mailed in a bubble mailer or in a small flat rate box.

The 4.5mm nintendo screwdriver to take apart your console is dirt cheap if you want to save some money via shipping. it can be found on ebay for as little as 4 dollars. (only get the screwdriver not the bit)

SHIPPING DISCLAIMER:

I highly recommend you insure your Console/displays. its extremely rare anything will happen but If your console/displays gets damaged or lost in shipping will not cover your item! I am not responsible for what shipping does with the package once its out of my hands.

Please only send your head unit. the visor can be removed by pulling on it. don’t forget your game in the console.

I can get the repair done with in a week of receiving your console.

~~(Contact)~~

janevgen@sbcglobal.net is my direct contact.

PM me with the title (VB repair and your name) so i can send you my information to get the repair process started with you.

Having this repair done will greatly increase the lifespan and value of your console. All non fixed VB consoles will fail over time. My work can be seen below. thank you for your interest!

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 4 years ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Nes Freak.
  • This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Nes Freak.
Attachments:
113 Replies

Hey just letting every one know im still alive and still fixing VB displays and consoles! i hope everyone is doing well! stay safe!

Nes Freak wrote:
Hey just letting every one know im still alive and still fixing VB displays and consoles! i hope everyone is doing well! stay safe!

Glad to find you here, the system you repaired for me on NintendoAge a few years back works great πŸ˜€ Just PM’d you with another repair request πŸ™‚

i remember you and ive replied thank you πŸ˜›

Hi. Do you do repairs for Australia?

charlesdabeast wrote:
Hi. Do you do repairs for Australia?

yes but
right now covid is making it hard to do.

Nes Freak wrote:

TY Dave – Job well done!

Danley wrote:

Nes Freak wrote:

TY Dave – Job well done!

no problem!

Got mine back about a week ago and it works wonderfully. Was finally able to play through Wario Land after many years. Thanks so much!

thank you for using my services! enjoy πŸ˜›

Sent you a (rather verbose) PM, mate. My display cables are in a bad way but if anyone can help, you can. Hope to do business with you soon.

I just got my VB back from NES Freak and I really must give him every amount of glowing praise I can. My Virtual Boy is better than new, and keep in mind that this was a special case where my ribbon cables were basically beyond saving. FLAWLESS repair, and with a remarkably quick turn-around time. He even threw in a fix for my flimsy focus slider. If you have a Virtual Boy that hasn’t had this fix done, or a broken unit that won’t play nice, look no further. This repair is worth -every dime- and you -will not- be disappointed. NES Freak, THANK YOU.

Pavlovtiger wrote:
I just got my VB back from NES Freak and I really must give him every amount of glowing praise I can. My Virtual Boy is better than new, and keep in mind that this was a special case where my ribbon cables were basically beyond saving. FLAWLESS repair, and with a remarkably quick turn-around time. He even threw in a fix for my flimsy focus slider. If you have a Virtual Boy that hasn’t had this fix done, or a broken unit that won’t play nice, look no further. This repair is worth -every dime- and you -will not- be disappointed. NES Freak, THANK YOU.

your welcome πŸ˜› Enjoy your fixed VB console!

I am so glad I didn’t attempt this repair myself. I decided to send my VB to Nes Freak after reading all the glowing reviews. Communication was excellent! Price was right! Turn around was fast. Sent it in on Tuesday of last week and had it back on Friday of this week.

My daughter saw me unboxing it and asked, “Dad, is that the thing you put your cell phone in and put it on your head?” I laughed and said no this is a Nintendo! Then she asked, “OH, so you put your Nintendo Switch in it?” LOL, instead of explaining it, I just set everything up and we tested it out. Works perfect now! Plus, my baby got to experience the VB for the first time.

Thanks so much NES Freak!

754boy wrote:
I am so glad I didn’t attempt this repair myself. I decided to send my VB to Nes Freak after reading all the glowing reviews. Communication was excellent! Price was right! Turn around was fast. Sent it in on Tuesday of last week and had it back on Friday of this week.

My daughter saw me unboxing it and asked, “Dad, is that the thing you put your cell phone in and put it on your head?” I laughed and said no this is a Nintendo! Then she asked, “OH, so you put your Nintendo Switch in it?” LOL, instead of explaining it, I just set everything up and we tested it out. Works perfect now! Plus, my baby got to experience the VB for the first time.

Thanks so much NES Freak!

no problem im glad i could revive your VB console! enjoy!

Is there also some one in Germany or Europe that solder the ribbon Cables? I have two VB’s that i want to be permanent fixed πŸ™‚
At the moment they work great as is but one of them needs all few month to be soft repaired with a hot knife or something else hot and pressed on the glued ribbon that it reglued again but a permanent fix would be better πŸ™‚
The other one didnt have any problems but there will also come the time that it also has to be soldered but if there is someone in europe or germany (im from germany but europe is also ok) then he can do both that i had never problems again with that πŸ˜€

Planlos1988 wrote:
Is there also some one in Germany or Europe that solder the ribbon Cables? I have two VB’s that i want to be permanent fixed πŸ™‚
At the moment they work great as is but one of them needs all few month to be soft repaired with a hot knife or something else hot and pressed on the glued ribbon that it reglued again but a permanent fix would be better πŸ™‚
The other one didnt have any problems but there will also come the time that it also has to be soldered but if there is someone in europe or germany (im from germany but europe is also ok) then he can do both that i had never problems again with that πŸ˜€

there used to be one but i think he quit fixing them cause i havent seen him around in awile.

I’ve been a long time collector (Virtual Boy and Atari Jaguar, mostly!) and have been lurking on the forum for years, but finally wanted to make a post. And I’m happy that it is a positive one. I reached out to NES Freak and got my display ribbons solder-fixed. One of them was fine, but the other was almost unusable. Previously, I tried the oven method, which worked…for about 2 months.
Given that I had tried this prior repair, I wasn’t expecting much, but…got the ribbons back, and they look amazing! Now my system is playable again. I looked at the solder lines under a jeweler’s loupe, and they seem very clean.

Excellent customer service, reasonable price, fast turnaround time too! Can’t recommend Dave enough.

Thank you!
Andy

Hey, didn’t even realize that the service I used on eBay was NES Freak here!

Thanks for attempting to fix my awful ribbon cable (and my other one) and for the replacement when mine wasn’t salvageable! My VB looks great now, it’s been a long time since I’ve been able to play it! I’ve been on a Virtual Boy marathon for the past several days!

– Greg from Iowa.

thank you to both of you! enjoy your fixed consoles!

just fyi im still fixing consoles if any one needs the job done ;P

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.