10 Replies

I’m confused…isn’t this freely available on the developers website?

Oh is it? Let me know. I know there is a difference between insect combat and insecticide

speedyink wrote:
I’m confused…isn’t this freely available on the developers website?

Is it? I’ve only ever seen a demo going around. If it’s identical to what was sold on UncleTusk I’d love to grab the rom.

http://www.atari2600land.com/insecticide/ic20170324.vb

It’s from this thread where he posted builds along the entire development process.

https://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3718&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=380

I don’t know if it’s the exact same rom as what was put on the cart, but it should be pretty darn close.

Thanks, I don’t get why it’s not in the homebrew download section but glad You shared the link.

That’s a good question, I see now that just going to his website doesn’t actually show any of the build links, they seem to just be throughout that thread.

I’ve noticed that too, the site here has some strange holes as far as some downloads or even just general images, basic stats, and other reviews or statement pieces go especially with homebrew and prototypes too.

I was wanting to see like for instance what Hyper Fighting had about a week ago and it’s a ghost town.

I downloaded this rom from the links and there’s some javascript stuff appended to the end of the vb file. Becareful. Not that it would run on a VB but there’s function calls for a Javascript listener function that is supposed to launch at load time. Found it when debugging why it crashed HF32 after Fwow13 noticed it.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by mellott124.

I deleted the Insecticide files off my website. I certainly wouldn’t call for a Javascript listener because I don’t even know what that is. Now the only people who have the true ROM are those who bought it from UncleTusk, as the ones from my website were from a previous computer that died. Sad that people are doing dumb things like this. I may just stop posting my work-in-progress ROMs altogether if stuff like this continues.

Maybe post it on PlanetVB?

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.