Original Post

A Kickstarter campaign for Yan’s World, the Virtual Boy-inspired puzzle platformer for PC, has recently launched to finally bring the project to completion after many years of development. $20,000 are required for the game to be funded, with a $25,000 stretch goal being called for a port to the actual Virtual Boy.

Check out the campaign on Kickstarter for more info and a demo of the PC version.

Yan’s World is a pixel art-based puzzle platformer stylized as a lost title for Nintendo’s Virtual Boy. As Yan, the protagonist whose power is only rivaled by his own deadpan quips, you’ll use your magic pillow to shoot enemies and solve puzzles within the game environment to progress. Levels are constructed as miniature obstacle courses, where you must think first about solutions to progress without taking damage. Combined with the unique artstyle and gameplay, we hope that Yan’s World is a different and fun experience atypical from the traditional platformers that come out in the indie space.

Attachments:
5 Replies

Too bad this hasn’t succeeded. We need more VB games like this one.

Yeah it’s too bad. The demo shows a lot of promise. Hopefully, they will be able to return to it after finishing some other projects.

Yes, a new game line Yans World would be incredible.
$25K isnt that much for it but for a small comunity like the VB one its much.. Verry sad and i think for most is a PC only Version not that important.
Eventually it would be better to advertise it more here and on other retro Boards and then make a Patreon for the VB and PC Version together with the goal to release booth same time.
If they keep this up to date, release Demos for Founder, then i think they can reach fast a monthly Payment that they can develope it a few hours a week or a day (all like the VUE Team do, they make a realy good job with News and Demos i think and its a good Feeling to be a Patreon from them with that money a can Pay for it) and in a few years they can have it finished and also have their 25k 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by gdces1984.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by gdces1984.

I am also sorry that I missed this,

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.