Original Post

In this thread we all want to post cool, spectacular, noteworthy, jaw-dropping […] Virtual Boy auctions on ebay, Yahoo or any other site…

At first here are two auctions on Yahoo Japan (Always cooool stuff on there!) for the japanese Nintendo Store Display:

➡<http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/58915948>

➡<http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c39350994>

KR155E

2,110 Replies

Ohh,fantastic,want this for christmas… 😮

Ah man, I so want one of these bad boys!
Nice find.

Damn, i want, but i don’t want to know how mich that would cost to ship here

What I nice find! I don´t know if that version of the store display also had stickers on it like the US counter version? If so they are missing here.
I don´t understand Japanese language, the English translation says “There is no body AC adapter” whatever that should mean.
I also could not find the word “key” there, I guess it can also be locked like the US store displays?

I guess I should better not bid on it, if that thing would arrive and my wife would be at home I will be a dead man I guess… 😉

speedyink schrieb:
Damn, i want, but i don’t want to know how mich that would cost to ship here

From what I understand you have to use a proxy service like Buyee anyway and there is button to estimate the total costs. I don´t know if you can trust that estimation, I heared a lot of bad things about Buyee but never used them myself.

intresting maybe i will trow in a bid ( and i dont have to use a proxy server )
shipping will not be a problem for me 😉

Very nice display, really would like to have one in my VB collection. But shipping would cost insanely a lot I think to Europe, with the display that tall and heavy.. 🙁

VectrexRoli2 wrote:
What I nice find! I don´t know if that version of the store display also had stickers on it like the US counter version? If so they are missing here.
I don´t understand Japanese language, the English translation says “There is no body AC adapter” whatever that should mean.
I also could not find the word “key” there, I guess it can also be locked like the US store displays?

I guess I should better not bid on it, if that thing would arrive and my wife would be at home I will be a dead man I guess… 😉

It would be worth it just to see the video of it 🙂

bigmak schrieb:

VectrexRoli2 wrote:

It would be worth it just to see the video of it 🙂

A video like “Woman kills husband because he ordered another store display” could get viral and would be a great promotion for my 3 different Youtube channels, but on the other hand what would that help when I will be dead then… 😉

bigmak wrote:
Oh this isn’t good….

guess it was a matter of time…

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Virtual-Boy-game-box-Space-Invaders-/161526464862?pt=UK_VideoGames_Merchandise_RL&hash=item259bba415e

Aww, what? They say they took out the barcode to keep the integrity of the originals but in the pictures there’s clearly a barcode that looks just like the legit box.

Not cool.

That’s sad that now people are so desperate to make money on the whole “retro gaming” fad that they’re making replica Virtual Boy boxes.

Virtual_Link wrote:
That’s sad that now people are so desperate to make money on the whole “retro gaming” fad that they’re making replica Virtual Boy boxes.

Wait… that sounds like a diss on the Virtual Boy.

Virtual_Link wrote:

it fills a niche for gamers looking to own a brand new display box for their shelf/collection.

The rest of this guys boxes have had the barcode replaced, maybe that space invaders one is a mistake.

Demo AC Tap:
http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/n144298922

This person seems to have multiples available as I had just received mine and they have continuously been reposting the same ad.

HoMenace wrote:
Demo AC Tap:

This person seems to have multiples available as I had just received mine and they have continuously been reposting the same ad.

If it is true that they have been reposting the same ad, then I would be cautious if bidding on it and expecting to get a demo tap. Sellers with multiple taps, who reuse the same picture of one of their demo taps, are notorious for not being able to notice the difference between a standard tap box and a demo tap box, and if the seller only speaks Japanese and the prospective bidder only speaks English, trying to explain to the seller the difference between them is nearly impossible. Several people on here in the past have fallen victim to sellers selling standard taps but advertising them with photos of their out-of-stock demo taps.

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

HoMenace wrote:
Demo AC Tap:

If it is true that they have been reposting the same ad, then I would be cautious if bidding on it and expecting to get a demo tap. Sellers with multiple taps, who reuse the same picture of one of their demo taps, are notorious for not being able to notice the difference between a standard tap box and a demo tap box, and if the seller only speaks Japanese and the prospective bidder only speaks English, trying to explain to the seller the difference between them is nearly impossible. Several people on here in the past have fallen victim to sellers selling standard taps but advertising them with photos of their out-of-stock demo taps.

I was hesitant to post this until i received mine which I did today and can verify it is indeed a demo tap. I cant be 100% sure that the rest of their stock are the demos but after getting mine and the fact that they are listed as new items makes me curious if they stumbled across a full carton of new demos?

HoMenace wrote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

HoMenace wrote:
Demo AC Tap:

I was hesitant to post this until i received mine which I did today and can verify it is indeed a demo tap. I cant be 100% sure that the rest of their stock are the demos but after getting mine and the fact that they are listed as new items makes me curious if they stumbled across a full carton of new demos?

I’m pretty sure that there is no such thing as a carton of demo taps. I’m rather confident that originally only one demo tap, along with its mosaic box and instructions, was included in one of the whole boxes containing a mosaic-box VB system and small Japan-exclusive store display to go along with it. While it is possible that a seller might have had more than one of these complete demo-only systems at their disposal, the odds of having more than a couple is probably not too great. More often than not, a Japanese seller probably has a lot of regular retail units and taps available for sale, in addition to the one and maybe two demo-only units that the seller got way back at the time when the VB was being advertised in such a way in Japanese stores.

Another dangerous thing about such sellers having one demo unit and multiple regular retail units on hand is that sometimes, they might mix-up their one demo tap with one of their regular taps, and thus, the demo tap gets placed in a regular tap box, while a regular tap gets placed in the demo tap box. One should make sure to look for the differences on the demo tap itself, to make sure that such hasn’t happened with one’s “complete demo tap” purchase.

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=18007#forumpost18007

Hello,
friend of me have this Virtual boy promo guide booklet on ebay on this moment
Iff sombody needs some more info i can help out ( pictures / questions )
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-Guide-promotional-promo-booklet-flyer-/351280946691?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51c9f9de03

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.