Original Post

I like to buy a used system and a new system every time I add a system to my collection. I bought my first VB last week and just beat Teleroboxer today. (whoot whoot). Anyway… I found an auction on eBay that claims that they system is new but has been open and tested… I am thinking of trying to buy it for $300… can you guys give me your advice, does it look new to you? And would you pay $300 for it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-Console-NEW-COMPLETE-4-Games-Box-Manual-TESTED-/141341186418?pt=Video_Games&hash=item20e8975972
I figure the Mario tennis box is $50
Mario tennis game $15
Wario Land game $20
Galactic Pinball box and game $20
I already have Teleroboxer so I would sell that… +$10 profit.
The VB box with the instructions and plastic bags I am guessing is worth $85 in the condition it’s in…
A virtual boy, controller and stand in mint condition would be worth $150 I am guessing?
So this would be $350 worth of stuff for $320 after shipping…
If the system was never taken out and tested I would guess I could buy one for $500ish… am I right…
Do you guys think this is a deal I should go for?… or can I get a better looking new system for around the same price if I wait it out a while?

3 Replies

Baptist wrote:
I figure the Mario tennis box is $50
Mario tennis game $15
Wario Land game $20
Galactic Pinball box and game $20

i got my VB used in the box for $140. it came with 4 games. it looks essentially “mint” and had no cosmetic flaws aside from the swirls on the plastic lenses (due to improper cleaning by the last owner).

every mario tennis card i bought as a donor was .99 off ebay. from what i saw they usually sold for around $5. i always assumed anyone paying 10+ was because they wanted it now and couldn’t wait for a better price. wario land usually sells between 20-30, depending on the quality and if it still has a working battery. galactic pinball i never checked for.

anyone can say a thing is new and only opened to be tested. you hope they are telling the truth but in reality it is probably just a hardly used system they are trying to make seem more appealing to ebayers. if you really want a new in the box system, they are out there and they come up for auction. there was one recently on gamegravel but the asking price was crazy. no matter what, in time, they all suffer from the ribbon cable issue. so new or not it may not work correctly out of the box.

good luck! glad you are enjoying the VB and adding to your collection.

you think 300 is to much then? I would have liked the box to have looked better.

Baptist wrote:
you think 300 is to much then? I would have liked the box to have looked better.

If you are willing to pay $300.00 for a complete-in-box system, then I say definitely wait for an auction that contains a system box in much better condition. Those should appear rather frequently.

The nice thing about this auction, though, is that it contains the For Display Only box of Mario’s Tennis. Near mint “complete in box” copies of Mario’s Tennis sell for around $150.00 at times. Once again, though, the condition of the Mario’s Tennis box here doesn’t look the best.

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.