Original Post

I am at CGExpo 2014. I also have a FlashBoy cart with me.

Does anyone want one of their software titles rotated into play during the show?

Currently on: Bound High!

8 Replies

hyper fighter demo, vb racing…

A couple of games have cycled through.
Hyper Fighting now loaded and ready for play.

What have the reactions been like ? busy booth ?

I have not heard any remarks that are negative. Not even the joking comments you might usually hear about the VB.

For specific games I mostly good reactions. The kind where the play sits in front of the VB and cycles through one or more games. Always playing more than one time for any of the titles loaded onto the FlashBoy.

On a separate note, on of my original FlashBoy carts just sold tonight at the CGExpo 2014 Charity auction for $275.00 So in another way people like the Virtual Boy and the FlashBoy enough to spend a little. The person buying at that price was glad to have it.

Did you get to meet Steve Woita? (In case you didn’t know, he worked on Water World.)

I’m (t)here. I saw Bound High on the Flashboy, though I was busy running the arcade, and didn’t really hear what people were saying about it. I didn’t realize you were swapping out games on the cart during the show or I would have pointed it out to a few people.

It was quite busy, and actually, they had an Oculus Rift playing the VB emulator at one of the booths, which was kinda amusing. Honestly, I didn’t think it looked very good though (kinda blurry… way less crisp than a real VB).

And yes, Steve Woita was there… I talked to him briefly, though he said he was fighting a bit of a cold or something.

DogP

I’m glad to see people liked the Virtual Boy, its actually very recently getting a cult following sort of like Vectrex has formed. 🙂

Hyper Fighting received a great response for more than a few people. Thanks for the suggestion to swap it in.

Auction URL for those interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZQ1UJsvgAQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1h23m50s

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.