Original Post

Well… this is it. Post #500. bigmak told me to better write something meaningful… so here we go: To celebrate this glory day I will publish most of my sources.

– GameHero source code: nothing special but my first game after all
– MidiPlayer source code: the code I used for the zelda sound demo and within fishbone
– MidiConverter (Binaries and sources): used to convert Midis to a format that can be interpreted by the Midi player
– Fishbone sources: yes, this includes my engine in an early state

Only the Faceball editor is missing but that one is work in progress.

None of the code is properly documented or cleaned up. There are several bugs/flaws in all of the projects which I always wanted to fix but never found the time. Especially the Midi-Converter likes to crash once in a while.

You can do whatever you want with the sources. You don’t have to credit me but it would be a nice gesture.

Have fun and code some games.

6 Replies

Awesome gesture! I hope some of the community take you up on your offer and make some really snazzy games.

Thank you, in advance!

Really generous of you 🙂 it also reminds me that i should post….

…more. 🙂

jrronimo wrote:
Awesome gesture! I hope some of the community take you up on your offer and make some really snazzy games.

Thank you, in advance!

It was about time. And maybe the Midi-Converter will finally find his way to the tools section as it now has a GUI and is pretty easy to use.

Just congrats on being the #1 poster. Very impressive how active in the community you are, and continue to be. We are all better off for this (game content and the continuous flow of info).

ectoglow wrote:
Just congrats on being the #1 poster. Very impressive how active in the community you are, and continue to be. We are all better off for this (game content and the continuous flow of info).

Luckily I’m not #1 poster. This would be really scary, especially since I’m only an active member for less then one and a half years. I didn’t noticed that I was writing allot until I saw the top 10 poster badge in my profile. It is mainly to my frequent updates when I’m into a project though.

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.