8 Replies

Well done dude… I just logged in so I could post about this. It’s not my KS either and I don’t own any of his other books, but I did meet him at a game convention last year and flip though a couple of them. He was cool and they seemed very well done, so backing this was a no-brainer for me.

I will only buy a Virtual Boy book that has been done by Benjamin Stevens.

I’m the author of The Complete Virtual Boy book. Thanks for the support and for posting this!

Besides for the obvious licensed and unreleased game I’m covering every aftermarket release for the VB. I know a lot of the developers are here and this site has tons and tons of content so I wanted to reach out to this community.

I would love to talk to anyone involved in a VB game that has had a release or even a demo as I’m covering them all in the book!

For example, I know there is a huge story on Hyper Fighting and I would like to include an abridged version in the book. However, I want to talk to as many people as are willing to share their creation stories. If you don’t want to that is fine as well and your releases will still be included.

My books are always more on a personal side, so having all of these stories is what I enjoy most about doing them. The communities around each system are amazing too and help keep me going!

thesubcon3 wrote:
I’m the author of The Complete Virtual Boy book. Thanks for the support and for posting this!

Besides for the obvious licensed and unreleased game I’m covering every aftermarket release for the VB. I know a lot of the developers are here and this site has tons and tons of content so I wanted to reach out to this community.

I would love to talk to anyone involved in a VB game that has had a release or even a demo as I’m covering them all in the book!

For example, I know there is a huge story on Hyper Fighting and I would like to include an abridged version in the book. However, I want to talk to as many people as are willing to share their creation stories. If you don’t want to that is fine as well and your releases will still be included.

My books are always more on a personal side, so having all of these stories is what I enjoy most about doing them. The communities around each system are amazing too and help keep me going!

I pledged! good luck!

Sounds good, so backed!

Great the author popped in, do stick around. I like where you’re going with on that book and this is probably your best bet here as far as many people in one spot to get those unique answers you want so the book stands out. Far better going that route than just gussying up some wikipedia level knowledge anyone can get. Going that extra mile makes it worthwhile, much like those NES/GB/SNES/VB Works youtube and book creations being made too. The game, a review/overview of all mechanics, back story, history, odd diggings into who did what and why. It makes it worthwhile to bother.

I backed the book and cannot wait for it to come out. I’m most excited for the part on the homebrew community and such. This is a console/community I hold so dear.

thunderstruck wrote:
I will only buy a Virtual Boy book that has been done by Benjamin Stevens.

LOL! I was actually thinking about making a PDF book just on the unreleased Virtual Boy games, but I’m not sure if or when I might get around to that.

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.