24 Replies

it to much money i think he is asking.

i will love to buy 3 usa games from him to complete my collection lol.

and he say he cant find space invaders lol i own a brand new one and can buy evryday 2 more boxed versions lol ( they here in a shop looking brand new )

!!! Literally-
laughed out loud!

At least tanooki’s first one had free shiping.
****ing hell.
Somebody should have thought of this before.

Sorry, Tanuki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanuki

RE-SEALED Jack Bros (U) on eBay being sold as new. No factory H-Seam. :thumpdown:

Why get that greedy? It’s still probably worth around $100 complete, even with that dented up box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250584881577

RidingHero schrieb:
RE-SEALED Jack Bros (U) on eBay being sold as new. No factory H-Seam. :thumpdown:

I don’t know what a H-Seam is or what its look like…

Do you have pictures of a real factory sealed game :question:

From what I understand from the overpriced but correctly H-seam equipped Virtual League Baseball cart linked to above. It has a melted seam of the plastic shaped like an H where the sides of the H are along the sides of the box. Check the seam on the VLB auction above and you’ll see what I mean.

The re-sealed Jack Bros has gotten a bid BTW, ends in about 50 minutes.

RAD wrote:

RidingHero schrieb:
RE-SEALED Jack Bros (U) on eBay being sold as new. No factory H-Seam. :thumpdown:

I don’t know what a H-Seam is or what its look like…

Do you have pictures of a real factory sealed game :question:

Here’s a virtual baseball, factory sealed with an H-Seam:

Attachments:

And to show how ridiculous that auction is, I took 5 minutes to reseal my vertical force, and I took the time to create an H-Seam with shrinkwrap before sealing the game. :rolleyes

Looks like somebody won the auction for US $222.50. I hope the buyer sees this thread before sending payment.

I want to note, there is always the chance that the seller is honest, and bought the game resealed and thought it was new. However, it doesn’t change the fact that the game simply isn’t new. Luckily for most of us collectors, scammers that reseal games are usually too ignorant to create an H-Seam.

I’m lucky to buy games to play with.
So I can ignore all “factory sealed” or “OVP” (in Germany) auctions on ebay…

Have fun!

RAD wrote:
I’m lucky to buy games to play with.
So I can ignore all “factory sealed” or “OVP” (in Germany) auctions on ebay…

Have fun!

I play games too, but I don’t mind having a few sealed games to display. Once again, you’re usually pretty safe if there’s an H-seam, especially if there is a small fold in the shrink wrap on the edges of the H-Seam on the sides of the box (much harder to reproduce at home).

A home made H-seam involves creating an extra seam by sealing two sheets together, unfolding the sealed sheets and aligning the seam across the rear center of the box, and using an additional sheet for the front side. The results can be very convincing though at first glance, unfortunately.

A home-made H-seam’ed cart will still have seams going around all the edged of the cart, where a factory sealed H-Seam cart will only have seems on the sides, not the top and bottom. Of course, if said console uses a vertical factory H-seam, the seems will be on the top and bottom, but not the sides.

I do suppose it is possible to make a home-made H-seam with seems only on the sides, but it would be a much more daunting task.

(and sorry for all the edits. 😎 )

  • This reply was modified 12 years, 7 months ago by VirtualJockey.
  • This reply was modified 12 years, 7 months ago by VirtualJockey.
  • This reply was modified 12 years, 7 months ago by VirtualJockey.
  • This reply was modified 12 years, 7 months ago by VirtualJockey.
  • This reply was modified 12 years, 7 months ago by VirtualJockey.

RidingHero wrote:
And to show how ridiculous that auction is, I took 5 minutes to reseal my vertical force, and I took the time to create an H-Seam with shrinkwrap before sealing the game. :rolleyes

Heheheheh… that’s pretty funny, thanks for posting that 🙂 .

DogP

DogP wrote:

RidingHero wrote:
And to show how ridiculous that auction is, I took 5 minutes to reseal my vertical force, and I took the time to create an H-Seam with shrinkwrap before sealing the game. :rolleyes

Heheheheh… that’s pretty funny, thanks for posting that 🙂 .

DogP

Yeah, it’s a shame that there are so many people that try to make a quick buck by ripping people off. Fortunately, I’d like to think most people are honest, and the dishonest sellers usually get fingered on forums like this.

There should be a stickied “Buyer Beware” thread to list names of known bad sellers/traders. 💡

Making H-seam shouldn’t be that hard if you’ve got the tools, one sheet sealed together as a circle, game put inside, sides sealed and then shrunk:

Attachments:

e5frog wrote:
Making H-seam shouldn’t be that hard if you’ve got the tools, one sheet sealed together as a circle, game put inside, sides sealed and then shrunk:

Yeah, I realized that. >:(

crazy guy i think 🙂

its still a rare game but not worth 750 euro for a jack bros usa boxed
http://cgi.ebay.nl/Jack-Bros-Virtual-Boy-Great-Condition-Complete-Rare_W0QQitemZ250620899220QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item3a5a2b6f94

Holy shit, that’s insane. 😮

Think it’ll sell?

No, if you want to sell something for that amount of money you could at least take some decent pictures of the item for sale…

More “Un-Factory sealed” Jack Bros eBay action.
I suggest everyone that has an ebay account report the listing. Getting sick and tired of these scam artists doing anything to make a quick buck with their $10 impulse sealers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jack-Bros-Virtual-Boy-COMPLETE-SEALED-NINTENDO-RARE-/290490786637?pt=US_Vintage_Video_Games&hash=item43a299a34d

 

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.