Original Post

I’ve gotten into the top 5 of a contest where you have to brainstorm your own idea for a video game. My idea is for a game called Chroma Cubes where you stack blocks on a playing field similar to Tetris and remove blocks of the same color to gain points and clear levels. What makes the game unique is you can mix the colors of the blocks to get more points when you remove them. The game has a multi-player mode where the blocks you remove are thrown over to your opponent’s side as random colors.

If I win, I’ll get a 10,000$ savings bond, the game actually made for anybody to download and play, and a trip to California.

You can vote for me once a day from now until the 22nd at the website below, contestant No. 2 with Chroma Cubes:

http://www.bkfk.com/Modules/Ideation/iag_vote.aspx

I would be very grateful if you voted for me any number of times, you can vote once a day. You can download the game for free around sometime past June if I win.

If you have any questions you can send me a PM or post here.

I’ll keep you updated.

Thanks,

Garrison

• This topic was modified 14 years, 11 months ago by Garrison.
20 Replies

nice. i’ll vote.

cool idea, you got my vote(s)!

Cool… yours definitely sounds like the best one… although the rhythm game sounds like it could be interesting (the others sound pretty dumb IMO 😛 ). I’ll keep voting… it looks like you’re in 2nd place ATM.

DogP

the rhythm one could be interesting, i’ll agree, but spooky Olympics sounds amazing.

“Melinda’s game is an Olympics adventure with scary things popping out where you least expect them. You play a number of games with your very own avatar monster. Your monster could have glowing green eyes, slit nose, big eyeball torso, vampire teeth and many more spooky characteristics to choose from!Here’s what Melinda has to say about her spooky Olympics adventures”

fuck me. i would never play that game.

LOL! WTF, Elephant to the rescue is in the lead??? There must be only 20 people voting, so when someone’s friend votes, theirs jumps way up. That, or the meter is totally random so nobody feels bad that their crappy idea isn’t getting any votes 😛 .

DogP

I think that Elephant Adventure kid’s mom is voting on every single computer at the library and then go to the next one. either that, or what DogP said.

yeah, i bet there is some mom-influence going on here.

I have to admit the standings do seem strange with the Elephant Adventure leading, but we can change that with voting. I doubt EA (the company who will publish the winning game) will want to make a game about flying elephants who shoot ice cream cones and hamburgers while trying to become a good citizen. My friend told me you can vote as many times as you want on an iPod touch, and the same is probably true on other portable internet capable devices. ;-).

The whole thing is crazy, who in there right mind that knows anything about video games would vote for that? I’m voting for Garrison. His and Rhythm are probably the best ones up there. I want to have a talk with the people who where judging… >:(

i voted for you about 20 times today.

I voted 35 times for Bonsaido. Sorry Garrison, but imagine being able to make a bonsai tree in the shape of a virtual boy! That would be so awesome!! 😀

DanB wrote:
I voted 35 times for Bonsaido. Sorry Garrison, but imagine being able to make a bonsai tree in the shape of a virtual boy! That would be so awesome!! 😀

Not to mention learning something about Bonzai trees in the process 😛 .

DogP

i voted for you about 20 times today.

Thank you so much. If I win, I’ll be sure to give you some of the money when the bond finally becomes valid in 2039 (If I can somehow contact you then, and if any of us are still alive after all those times the world is supposed to end in sci-fi movies… :-P).

Have you heard of Bonsai Barber for WiiWare? It’s out in the US, and I assume where you are too. The game is supposed to be a good game. Here’s some info from IGN:

…Though the goal is to give a five-star professional cut, you can pretty much do whatever you want without the risk of failing. Any cut that you give can be saved with the in-game “camera,” and photos snapped can then be sent to the Wii message board and delivered to friends via WiiConnect 24 or sent to the Photo Channel. Bonsai Barber has a ton of secrets, including an achievement system that features a wide variety of awards to earn. Do well enough and the characters will offer you gifts – in our hands-on we unlocked a flower pot that gave us the ability to practice all sorts of haircuts in a time trial mode….

From that description, it sounds like you can make Virtual Boy trees too.
More info here.

Garrison wrote:
My friend told me you can vote as many times as you want on an iPod touch, and the same is probably true on other portable internet capable devices. ;-).

You could probably do the same on any browser by just deleting the cookies. Hmmm, let’s try that…

EDIT (about 10 seconds later): No, it doesn’t seem to work, or I am doing something wrong.

Clearing cookies works… at least w/ Firefox.

DogP

COOKIES! WHERE? Oh. THOSE Cookies.

I voted for Garrison today and when the bar graph came up, I saw he’s tied for last with Spooky Olympics, so everyone keep voting! .

Here an update: I got an e-mail that said I had the best idea with one of my other games, Orbiter, in New York State and now they’re sending me papers to sign for a 1,000$ savings bond and a 100$ Best Buy gift card! I submitted four ideas for the contest, and still, nobody’s told me I’ve won anything with my best game idea. Either I’m good at making games, or, everyone against me had no idea what they were doing.

The online voting for the national winner isn’t over yet, please keep voting! Chroma Cubes could be a real game!

Thank you very much, everyone who voted for me so far.

The online voting is over. I’ll let you know what happens ASAP.

Sorry for triple posting, but..

I recently got news from the the people hosting this, and, I didn’t win.

Sorry for the late response, that’s what happens when you travel near the speed of light for just a few minutes–entire months fly by.

Bummer that you didn’t win man. 🙁 The winning game is probably destined to become just another piece of shovel-ware for a certain white game console with motion controls.

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.