Original Post

So, is anybody else excited about the possibility of unreleased games finally seeing the light of day through the Nintendo “Gigaleak”?
Might we finally see Dragon Hopper and Zero Racers?

8 Replies

Whilst we’ll never know when it will happen again, the chance of Unreleased virtual boy Games/prototype Leaks might be likely since the July 2020 leaks prominently featured SNES,N64 (and GBA) content which mostly made within a close time period.

There is a document out there with lotcheck lists for the systems. This contains also Virtualboy.
This list mentioned 5 unreleased games. Since it is lotcheck this games in question should be final.
We have no names for those games but I think it should be easy to guess which games that could be.
The way I see it, if the leaks continue, we have pretty good chance to finally see more VB content this year.
I would say its a 50/50 chance now.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Goemon.

There is a document out there with lotcheck lists for the systems. This contains also Virtualboy.
This list mentioned 5 unreleased games. Since it is lotcheck this games in question should be final.

There were unreleased VB games listed? I must’ve missed that one. The list I have seen, vue_data.xls, did only have released games on it. Could you share the document?

I looked into this and got the list from the latest leak. There is nothing unknown in it, not even Faceball or Bound High, just the retail games. I’ll post a translation of it later.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Yamagushi.

Oh sorry been a busy week and this had slipped my mind. And yes, it’s the same list. I looked at Gigaleak 2 and 3 (4 depending on how you count things), I didn’t see anything beyond that list, which is rather unfortunate. After the lotcheck lists for NES and Gameboy came the actual lotcheck roms with many that had never been leaked before. So had there been anything on the VB list, like Dragon Hopper for example, it would be a safe bet that it eventually gets released as well. But sadly it seems doubtful that the rest of the yet to release leaks will have any new Virtual Boy roms.

okay I have to correct my last post. I checked back with some people.
There are 5 IDs that were skipped in the documents. So that could hint to unreleased games.
Time will tell.

Oh, I see now. I didn’t even notice before. 🙂

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.