Original Post

Haven’t tried it yet but people seem to like it. The Oculus Go I have and it’s quite good for the price.

VirtualBoyGo (first version of my Virtual Boy Emulator for the OculusGo released) from OculusGo

11 Replies

They are nice but at $250, it’s just not worth it to me. Still I’d like to see footage of it working with the viewer and external footage at the same time in a video.

Dreammary wrote:
They are nice but at $250, it’s just not worth it to me. Still I’d like to see footage of it working with the viewer and external footage at the same time in a video.

The cheaper one is $199. Not too bad. About the price of a VB on eBay and dual function as a current VR HMD. Wonder if a wireless VB controller might be possible…

mellott124 wrote:

Dreammary wrote:
They are nice but at $250, it’s just not worth it to me. Still I’d like to see footage of it working with the viewer and external footage at the same time in a video.

The cheaper one is $199. Not too bad. About the price of a VB on eBay and dual function as a current VR HMD. Wonder if a wireless VB controller might be possible…

Yes looks possible. I’ll try when I’m back in town. 🙂

I tried Wario Land with a Gamepad Samsung EI-GP20 and everything works fine!

It’s from far my best VB emulation experience !
Stereo sound, save states, good VR display (not stuck in front of your eyes) and no lag.

Now I need a blutooth adapter for my vb controller 😀
Wario land just need A+B and left pad, but this is not the case for others games…

Otherwise it would be cool that the developper creates a kind of teather or backgroud for the screen.
Two player online would be a must.

I totally recommand the try !

PS: I ‘ve installed the android SDK. Just the ADB driver was no enough.

czar_h wrote:
I tried Wario Land with a Gamepad Samsung EI-GP20 and everything works fine!

It’s from far my best VB emulation experience !
Stereo sound, save states, good VR display (not stuck in front of your eyes) and no lag.

Now I need a blutooth adapter for my vb controller 😀
Wario land just need A+B and left pad, but this is not the case for others games…

Otherwise it would be cool that the developper creates a kind of teather or backgroud for the screen.
Two player online would be a must.

I totally recommand the try !

PS: I ‘ve installed the android SDK. Just the ADB driver was no enough.

Great! I’ll get the VB wireless controllers up and running when I’m back home in 2 weeks.

Here’s a simple skin that you can have made at mightyskins.com for Oculus Go. You’ll need to add the Virtual Boy text via their site. I’m sure someone with better art skills than me could make a more elaborate one.

Oculus Go Custom Wraps & Skins

That skin just made it much more appealing as a device. It really did.

The emulator is pretty cool on Oculus Go. Larger FOV is nice but not too large. 3D looks good. Lots of adjustment including changing screen color.

My wireless controller doesn’t work but the wired one responds using my VB controller USB adapter. The mapping has to be adjusted so I think I’ll add a new mapping to the VB controller USB adapter that works with this Oculus Go emulator without forcing a remap. Currently I use mode B but start, select, left trigger, and right trigger don’t map correctly and repeat.

Morintari also did a much better skin for the Oculus Go. I’m attaching it here. You can use these on mightyskin.com to have some vinyl skins made for your Oculus Go that give it a VB feel.

VB controller USB adapters fixed now to work out of the box. Hold B and A to enter the Oculus Go emulator mode. Works perfectly. Had to add an extra “X” button to bring up the emulator system menu which is triggered by holding down both select and start on the controller. Everything maps directly now at boot up.

Games on the Oculus Go will now play with the controller correctly just like on the VB. 🙂

Super !

How do you connect your adapter to the Oculus Go ? With a micro usb both end cable ? A micro usb to a blutooth module ?

czar_h wrote:
Super !

How do you connect your adapter to the Oculus Go ? With a micro usb both end cable ? A micro usb to a blutooth module ?

VB controller —> adapter —> usb cable —> usb OTG adapter —> VB.

 

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.