Received a bad Virtual Boy, looked like it was stored in a puddle, one eye did not work at all, corrosion everywhere, the mechanical parts did not work at all, and some PCB’s suffered issues.
Both Eye LEDs worked on the single working side of the VB Main board.
I ended up consolizing this unit in a 3d printed case, with the servo emulator.
– Video artifacts / garbage
– Sound low frequency hum
– No video artifacts aparent on the lenses direct to the virtual boy hardware. (Have not checked while plugged into the VirutalTap)
– Reflowed and double/triple checked the Virtualtap for any solder bridges
– Cleaned/Reflowed main Virtual Boy board (Actually got the 2nd Eye working after the rework of the vb mainboard)
– Checked Virtualboy Capacitors in LCR Meter, seem good.
– Added / Moved any Additional Grounds (No changes seen)