Shin Nihon Pro Wrestling Gekitou Densetsu is a cancelled wrestling game for the Virtual Boy developed by Tomy, which was planned to get released in Japan in December 1995 but likely got cancelled in the last minute due to the Virtual Boy being discontinued.
By taking full advantage of the ring and by means of the stereoscopic representations in every direction, numerous dynamic offense and defense moves have been realistically reproduced. Combo moves are firmly followed. Even with smaller wrestlers, these moves are to be reckoned with.
The game features 4 modes of play.
- Title Match: Aim for the championship belt.
- G 1 Climax: Round robin with all wrestlers, beating them all one after the other.
- Time Attack: Try to beat your opponent within a given time limit.
- Sparring: A training match with your favorite player.
As a New Japan Pro-Wrestling licensed game, it features 8 real world athletes from Japan’s popular wrestling series.
- Riki Choshu (長州 力)
- Shinya Hashimoto (橋本真也)
- Masahiro Chono (蝶野正洋)
- Hiroshi Hase (馳 浩)
- Kensuke Sasaki (佐々木健介)
- Keiji Mutoh (武藤 敬司)
- Jushin Thunder Liger (戦者 サンダー・ライガー)
- Hiroyoshi Tenzan (天山 広吉)