Original Post

Find latest version here: https://www.virtual-boy.com/forums/t/release-hyperflasher-1-0-0-1-the-hyperflash32-support-application/page/3/#post-1046907

Hey Everyone,

I’ve been working with Kevin Mellott for a while to make the upcoming HF32 even more accessible. Therefore, I created a Windows application that allows you to manage your SD card.

There are 2 versions: one for production cards and one for prototype cards. If you bought a regular card you want to go with the hf-application-prod-1.0.0.1.zip.

The core features are:
– SD card management
— Add games to the SD card (Picking many might take a while)
— Automatic detection of most games
— Suggestion of labels, icons and padding mode
— Update of label, icon and padding mode on the SD card
— Add new label files
— Import labels from bitmaps
— Format your SD card to FAT32
– USB connection
— Access some developer features through the USB connection
— HF32 is automatically detected
– Firmware updates
— Check if your HF32 firmware is up to date
— I deactivated the actual update for now since I can’t test it
– Software updates through the application

Fwow13 and Kevin did allot of testing and the application is in a quite stable state. However, there might still be bugs. You can report them here if you find something. I intend to add more features to this application next year.

If you are looking to support me you can do so here: https://www.patreon.com/thunderstruckProjects

—-
thunderstruck

51 Replies

This is really great news for BWR people. Thanks Thunder!

Here is Release 1.4.0.0.
– Add “Update Anyway” Button to the firmware tab, to allow recovery to latest firmware version
– Fixes bug where labels could not be selected

As always, you can also update through the application.

thunderstruck

If you are looking to support me you can do so here: https://www.patreon.com/thunderstruckProjects

Thanks for creating this! Its made setting up roms and images on the SD Card a lot easier! I haven’t been able to connect to update the firmware, though. I’ve tried 2 different cables and 2 different USB ports, but it doesn’t see it. I even installed the FTDI Windows drivers without any luck. Any other ideas?

Make sure you have the SD card in the card before connecting. Drivers need to be installed. Maybe restart after installing the drivers.

Firmware updates will get allot easier with the new firmware that will hopefully release soon.

I rebooted after doing the FTDI drivers and I’m still seeing the same issue. It will detect it under the USB tab and shows a box with “commands”, but if I click to the fireware tab and try to connect it says no hyperflash connected via USB. Do I need to do something with the commands?

Don’t connect on the USB tab. It will keep the connection open and you won’t be able to execute the Firmware update. Really need to change that

Ah, got it. I clicked the firmware button update two or three times but then it detected. Thanks again!

Hey Everyone,

I just released version 2.0 of the HF32 firmware.

Here are some things the update adds:

– default labels and icons are no longer necessary for the HF32 to function
– the card will no longer lock up when no SD card is found
– the card will track the screen which it is on. If it’s rebooted it will load the label for the loaded game (unless it’s already loaded)
– the card checks on boot if a problem exist. If so, a debug screen is shown (try starting it without and SD card)
– the card will do a short haptic burst when it completely booted
– I changed an existing easter egg which no one will ever find
– the card can now identify it’s type which should allow me to only have one HyperFlasher version
– It’s now possible to have more then 128 games on the card

You can update using the HyperFlasher application. It is the same version as on my Patreon, so no need to update if you took it from there.

thunderstruck

Here is Release 1.5.0.0.
– Automatically disconnects HF32 when leaving the USB tab
– Filters for possible HF32 devices using WCMI before starting auto discovery
– Increases connection retries

The HF32 needs a few seconds to boot up to be able to communicate. In firmware version 2.0 a short haptic burst indicates when the HF32 is ready.

As always, you can also update through the application.

thunderstruck

Question on this program, is it needed for the Hyperflasher to work/load anything? Otherwise when Kevin sent me the email that my cart is in the mail and will be here shortly, I am prepping my micro SD card beforehand and in his email it mentioned what to do: Flash to FAT32 and then download a file from a dropbox then unzip and copy the folders to the SD card main screen.

On this GUI when downloading the zip, WHERE do I put it on the SD card as I have the BWR version coming, is it needed for me to get things to work or should just dropping roms into the ROM folder that I downloaded from his dropbox sufficient. Or is this what creates a user menu to access things? Also I noticed your list of thins this does mentioned padding, all of my roms have previously been padded for the Flashboy + tho I assume none of the labels will match up if they arent the same as the ones in the label folder (therefore I’d have to remove “pas” from every rom in the folder correct?

Just got my Hyperflash32 the other day so excited to try this out.
Thanks Thunder!

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.