Original Post

Quaze has a point. Listing items that are just priced crazy doesn’t really fit the “Noteworthy Auction” thread.

So post them here!

28 Replies

Well, since the image of the box contains “Box Layout (c) 2011 Jesse L. Willis,” I’d be surprised if anybody fell for it.

He did get an offer, but I hope it was just a troll one sine it was declined

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by speedyink.

So I actually have one of these boxes (no it’s not my auction), I went back and looked at mine and it’s the same as this one with that box layout 2011 note. I bought mine back in 2012 (for $14 mind you) as a cool display piece. I remembered a discussion on this before and was able to find it

The Noteworthy Auction Thread™

bigmak confirmed someone else made these before uncle tusk got involved. So this may be semi-legit, but that $790 price is pure fantasy. Also of course this couldn’t be a “store” display as these were never sold at retail.

This is comical.

what a scammer. This guy is selling the same items at the same time on ebay and yahoo.jp
Apparently the guy has several accounts on yahoo auctions.

That cable is on both platforms with the same pictures.
yahoo is cheaper with “just” €367.20

Same with Sace Invaders:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174902343693?hash=item28b8fdf80d:g:2yoAAOSwj5FhIKZ2
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/x771312965

There are many more examples right now for example with the flyers and with the Bound High Carts
On ebay thge prices are always double as high as on yahoo auctions.

I’m even commenting on this.

The Link Cable, he actually purchased from me for $40. So to reply to “Cosmoliner” I don’t get my full $60. In the picture its my older prototype with black tape wrapped around ends; I only made one like this; lower athletics looking cable why I sold it at reduced $40 price. We’ll I guess if he purchased at $60 he’ll add another $200 to his price. And maybe this one-of-a-kind black tape model is a collectors item. All my Link Cables have a shrink tube jacked by the way.

He got my Bound High reproduction’s also at an insane price of $569.05. I have it on my website for $53. My reproduction dust cap & all.

This gets even more insane, because, one of my shipment that went to this guy got lost before left the country. Yet, I’m pretty sure someone stole that shipment. So this crook shipment, had another crook steal from this crook.

It was also the first and currently the only shipment that ever got lost; we’ll I’m quite sure stolen. And I bet the thief is selling it on eBay now.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Vintex 64.

You really have to wonder what some of these people are thinking when they list this stuff.

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.