Original Post

Chris is tied up with exams for the next 3 months. So, I will be both making and distributing them now.

If you want one, you need to send me a donor cart. This will guarantee you get a cart (a sort of pre-order).

I will be making these on a one-by-one basis, so be prepared to wait at least 2 weeks from the donor cart getting to me and your FlashBoy+ being dispatched.

The package will consist of the cart and USB cable (no box) the new price of $100 (+shipping) reflects this.

Anyway, if you are interested, please Email me at –

richard.hutchinson@dsl.pipex.com

Thankyou

211 Replies

Thanks for posting.. Yeah I don’t know what the deal was but I had 4 mini USB cables around the house and they must be just for charging certain devices..

I had a box laying around with a mini USB cable in it for programming an Xbox J-Runner Programmer, grabbed that and the mini end looks the same as yours. All is well with the universe here, don’t mind me.

Thanks!

The cables in question were like the one in the attachment. Notice the contacts and the layer of plastic along the bottom edge. That’s why it wouldn’t fit into my FB+ cart.

How might I go about acquiring a FlashBoy+ ?

In the midst of getting my VB’s eye-glue repaired and I’m curious if this is still going on or all wrapped up?

Thank you!

Okonomiyaki wrote:
How might I go about acquiring a FlashBoy+ ?

In the midst of getting my VB’s eye-glue repaired and I’m curious if this is still going on or all wrapped up?

Thank you!

Send Richard an e-mail at the address he has posted in the first link of this thread:

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=13655#forumpost13655

Ask him if he is making them right now and if the price is still the same.

He’s still making them. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago.

hello I was wondering if you are still making flash boys and if you are do you need a downer cart.

If these are still being made then I would love to buy some as well..

TheretroGameboy wrote:
hello I was wondering if you are still making flash boys and if you are do you need a downer cart.

A “downer cart”? Would that be Virtual Lab? It’s a bit of a downer.

Just a little VB humor. 😉

pinmagic wrote:

A “downer cart”? Would that be Virtual Lab? It’s a bit of a downer.

Just a little VB humor. 😉

Haha, just seeing this now…corny jokes are always appreciated!

Any chance of this being released open source? In case people want to assemble their own?

If not, that’s fine. But I figured I’d ask.

Just sent an email – I’d love a copy of my own.

Received my FlashBoy+ very quickly from MineStorm – thank You! Now waiting for my :vb: from Japan ….

Big thanks to Richard for the Flashboy plus!

Have to say I am very impressed with the 3D printed cartridge

I’m hoping that mine comes soon. Super excited myself!

I just got my Flashboy + from Richard and couldn’t be more happy. Flashing games is super easy and its nice to play games like Bound High and Jack Bros on a real Virtual Boy. I would not hesitate to buy one. Awesome piece of hardware

Now I just need to get my Virtual boy repaired since the left eye completely glitched out 🙁

I have some questions, how can I get the flashboy.

Go to the first post of this thread for contact details.

Do you ship to Japan?

Do you ship to Japan?

Yes, no problem

Places I don’t ship to –

Eastern Europe
South America

Just got my flashboy+ in the mail and its awesome! Can’t wait to try out some of the homebrew games available. Thanks a lot Richard this cart is gonna get a ton of use!

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.