Original Post

Here’s a nice little piece of Nintendo history…

According to the seller: “This is a Nintendo 1995 President’s message shareholder Booklet, detailing the plans for Nintendo around 1995 and the sales, financials and other shareholder information they would have wanted back in 1995.”

This Booklet contains 44 glossy pages of high quality images that introduced Nintendo’s latest products to their stakeholders. The Booklet measures 7.5″ across, 12″ high, and includes sections on the Virtual Boy, Nintendo Ultra 64, Super Nintendo, and the Game Boy.

The Booklet starts off with a message dated June 28 1995, from Nintendo’s president (at the time) Hiroshi Yamauchi. He talks about the financial state that the company was in during the previous year 1994, and then goes on to mention the Virtual Boy a few times.

I dont understand much about the financial data found in this Booklet, but I do know there is alot of it and none of it says Virtual Boy next to it. The last two pictures are just examples of the numbers found in this Book.

If someone should request more pics of the data, then I guess I can post more, but it would be alot of pictures…

41 Replies

vuefinder83,Thank you for sharing!

That looks like a rally interesting VB item – congrats on the find and thanks for scanning the pages!

thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing this great find with us.

That’s actually an interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

It’s a neat find. Thanks for sharing.

No problem guys, Thanks for checking it out!

Thanks for the images vuefinder83, that’s some nice large promo shots of the system! Do you have a chance to get these scanned in?

The same seller now also has the 1996 report for sale, which you might find interesting as well, since it will most likely contain Virtual Boy sales data. It’s also at only $5.50 right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Employee-1996-Shareholder-Book-from-President-N64-SNES-Marketing-/252269316976?hash=item3abc6c4b70:g:Bt0AAOSwLnlWntQ0

KR155E wrote:
Thanks for the images vuefinder83, that’s some nice large promo shots of the system! Do you have a chance to get these scanned in?

The same seller now also has the 1996 report for sale, which you might find interesting as well, since it will most likely contain Virtual Boy sales data. It’s also at only $5.50 right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Employee-1996-Shareholder-Book-from-President-N64-SNES-Marketing-/252269316976?hash=item3abc6c4b70:g:Bt0AAOSwLnlWntQ0

I’m gonna take this Book with me to work today, I work in a big school so there has to be a scanner somewhere in that building. If not, I’ll definitely figure something out.

As for that other auction, I’ll try to win it and keep you guys posted…

vuefinder83 wrote:

KR155E wrote:

I’m gonna take this Book with me to work today, I work in a big school so there has to be a scanner somewhere in that building. If not, I’ll definitely figure something out.

As for that other auction, I’ll try to win it and keep you guys posted…

If there is none, try the library

KR155E wrote:

Just won this auction…

good pick, a lot cheaper thant the first one 😉

Thanks for sharing this great find with us.

This is a great find, and quite an interesting time capsule of the state of the gaming industry in those pivotal mid-90s years. Thanks for sharing!

vuefinder83 schrieb:

KR155E wrote:

Just won this auction…

That’s great, congrats! And quite a bargain, too. 🙂

Just received the 1996 report in the mail today. I’ll take a little time to go through it and then post scans of any VB info found in it, along with scans of the 1995 report as well…

I do appreciate everyone’s interest in these!

If there’s anything about the 64DD in them, that would be nice to see as well if you wouldn’t mind.

MasterOfPuppets wrote:
If there’s anything about the 64DD in them, that would be nice to see as well if you wouldn’t mind.

That shouldn’t be a problem. If there is anything about it in there I’ll definitely let you know.

Great, thanks!

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.