Original Post

Here’s a nice little piece of Nintendo history…

According to the seller: “This is a Nintendo 1995 President’s message shareholder Booklet, detailing the plans for Nintendo around 1995 and the sales, financials and other shareholder information they would have wanted back in 1995.”

This Booklet contains 44 glossy pages of high quality images that introduced Nintendo’s latest products to their stakeholders. The Booklet measures 7.5″ across, 12″ high, and includes sections on the Virtual Boy, Nintendo Ultra 64, Super Nintendo, and the Game Boy.

The Booklet starts off with a message dated June 28 1995, from Nintendo’s president (at the time) Hiroshi Yamauchi. He talks about the financial state that the company was in during the previous year 1994, and then goes on to mention the Virtual Boy a few times.

I dont understand much about the financial data found in this Booklet, but I do know there is alot of it and none of it says Virtual Boy next to it. The last two pictures are just examples of the numbers found in this Book.

If someone should request more pics of the data, then I guess I can post more, but it would be alot of pictures…

41 Replies

Here are all of the pages from the 1996 Annual Report that mentioned Virtual Boy. Yup, just one page. Just like the 1995 Annual Report this 1996 Annual Report only shows how much Nintendo makes Annually as a whole company, it doesn’t give you sale numbers for any system individually, they just show how much they made and lost in a fiscal year.

MasterOfPuppets wrote:
If there’s anything about the 64DD in them, that would be nice to see as well if you wouldn’t mind.

Nothing about the 64DD at all. Sorry.

Amazing, thanks for scanning all this cool stuff, vuefinder83!

vuefinder83 wrote:Nothing about the 64DD at all. Sorry.

No problem. Thanks for checking!

MasterOfPuppets

No problem. Thanks for checking!

Your welcome.

KR155E wrote:
Amazing, thanks for scanning all this cool stuff, vuefinder83!

Anytime kR155E. No problem at all. Scans were what I should’ve posted in the first place. ( only my next ones won’t be so big )

Would you be willing to scan the other pages of these reports as well, vuefinder83? I’d find them quite interesting, especially the pages on N64. Also, such rare material should be preserved in its entirety IMHO. 🙂

KR155E wrote:
Would you be willing to scan the other pages of these reports as well, vuefinder83?…

Absolutely!

I’d find them quite interesting, especially the pages on N64. Also, such rare material should be preserved in its entirety IMHO. 🙂

I agree, there is alot of cool information and pictures in these. They really do have to be seen/preserved.

Haha, did you guys see where it says “The first interface…around your face.”? That sounds like a one-liner we might see under the “PLANET VIRTUAL BOY” marquee at the top of this site 😉

HP Lovethrash wrote:
Haha, did you guys see where it says “The first interface…around your face.”? That sounds like a one-liner we might see under the “PLANET VIRTUAL BOY” marquee at the top of this site 😉

Hah, it really does…

What kills me is that picture of ya boy Ken Griffey. Ever notice the size of that cartridge sticking out that Virtual Boy? Looks like Griffey noticed it, and Nintendo broke his hand for trying to touch it, and then said “now get back behind the Virtual Boy so we can take this picture, and put a smile on that face will ya”. Haha

Ken Griffey Jr was inducted in to the National Baseball Hall of Fame just lastnight, I can’t help but think that he owes it all to that one picture of him and the Virtual Boy :)….(jk)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by vuefinder83.

Haha, HP Lovethrash, that’s a good one. I just added a new slogan to the pool. 🙂

P.S.: stop staring at me like that, Ken Griffey Jr… Lucky dude probably played Dragon Hopper on that development cart.

Haha, I thought that was a goofy picture but now that I’m being forced to really look at it, yikes! Maybe his career-long streak of nagging injuries started with those inevitable Virtual Boy neck and back strains.

@KR155E- I’m going to keep surfing around this site until I see the new catchphrase :). Originally I was going to suggest a one-liner submission thread as a competition for last year’s anniversary celebration but forgot.

Beautiful! Thank you Ben! :vb:

KR155E wrote:
Beautiful!

I agree.

Ben’s definitely the scan-man. Nice work!

You’re welcome, and thanks!

I’ll try to get the scans made for the ’96 report by this weekend. Even though there isn’t much mention of the Virtual Boy in that one, it’ll be nice to have for Nintendo fans.

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
You’re welcome, and thanks!

I’ll try to get the scans made for the ’96 report by this weekend. Even though there isn’t much mention of the Virtual Boy in that one, it’ll be nice to have for Nintendo fans.

Man I must’ve spent half an hour reading through all that just now, awesome stuff. Thanks a lot for scanning it!

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

Yeah, Nintendo really swept the Virtual Boy under the rug in the ’96 report. To me, that’s what makes it significant. They were like “Virtual Boy…what Virtual Boy?!”.

I’m kicking myself for not purchasing the ’97 report when I had the chance to. I would’ve sent that one to you as well, if not for VB info, then at least for the fans of the era…oh well :-/

The ’96 report has some really great pictures in it, can’t wait to see how they turn out!

Good work on the scans Ben.

As I was browsing through my Nintendo Power issues recently, I noticed something in Issue # 80 from January of 1996 that might give us a good idea of the rarity of this Nintendo Co., Ltd. 1995 Annual Report Booklet and the relevant press releases that were included with it. On pages 112 and 113 of the issue, it can be seen that only 5 winners of that particular Player’s Poll Contest were awarded press kits containing this report. Other than that, only industry insiders who were allowed into the expo would have received copies, unless other privileged attendees held similar contests as Nintendo Power did.

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
As I was browsing through my Nintendo Power issues recently, I noticed something in Issue # 80 from January of 1996 that might give us a good idea of the rarity of this Nintendo Co., Ltd. 1995 Annual Report Booklet and the relevant press releases that were included with it. On pages 112 and 113 of the issue, it can be seen that only 5 winners of that particular Player’s Poll Contest were awarded press kits containing this report. Other than that, only industry insiders who were allowed into the expo would have received copies, unless other privileged attendees held similar contests as Nintendo Power did.

Oh wow! Nice find there! That is indeed a good indication of its rarity.

Write a reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.