Original Post

Hey!
I had a nice surprise waiting in the mailbox when I got home today (no spoilers for those who didn’t get it yet). A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone involved in its production, really cool work guys! :thumpup:

56 Replies

Very nice. Glad to see VB homebrew going this strong, and that carts like this are possible.

multicart = good sign for Hyper Fighting and the GB emulator

Wow,amazing stuff,great box art :thumpup:

Looks fantastic. Great work guys.

That’s so awesome!! That looks outstanding guys 🙂

Amazing work you all! I really love all the detail and work that seem to have went into this.

Now that we’ve given the people that helped out/entered the compo a reward, how would everyone feel if we made a multi-cart for everyone else to enjoy ?

If the contestants want too…they could update their code..add stuff on if they feel like. MK could make a different demo program if he wants.. and we could make a multi-cart available to everyone.

We could even give each person 2 dollars per cart sold..or they could donate that amount to planetvb for server costs.

Just a thought…discuss please 🙂

bigmak wrote:
If the contestants want too…they could update their code..add stuff on if they feel like. MK could make a different demo program if he wants.. and we could make a multi-cart available to everyone.

Making all the demos work with the same libgccvb took quite some effort and required me to adapted the code here and there. It depends on the changes but it might not be as simple as just plugging in a new version. I’m also tied up with a different project already.

Also, the rom ended up being 2mb already. So I don’t know if there is allot of space left for more demos.

Wow, that is really cool, great job to all those involved! Also congrats to all the contestants who entered, that’s a sweet surprise!

bigmak wrote:
Now that we’ve given the people that helped out/entered the compo a reward, how would everyone feel if we made a multi-cart for everyone else to enjoy ?

We could even give each person 2 dollars per cart sold..or they could donate that amount to planetvb for server costs.

I for one, love the idea of this sort of thing being available to others to buy as well. If this is something that can be done,

Attachments:

bigmak wrote:

Yes please. I would LOVE to have a copy of this. Please release it to the rest of the Planet VB community that wasn’t lucky enough to get one!

Looks nice. I’d be interested in one too.

This is a really nice treat for those involved with the competition. My opinion is that it should stay that way. I do not see a need for this to be released. It will only use up more of the limited amount of connectors and shells, which could be put to better use as future reproductions or polished homebrew releases. A collection of demos (finished or not) is unappealing to me personally, especially since I own a FB and FB+.

I would be interested.

A multicart with all the official 24 games and all homebrew demos would be nice
Better than the 1+ min to load a new game with the flashboy

akumie wrote:

Sounds like a great project you’re doing Akumie…keep us posted on how far along you are.

Maybe Akumie’s project will contain the Mario VB proto he claims to have.

we are going off topic here, but then talking about Akumie’s latest project has gotta be worth it, we just know he will add in his latest written full commercial release style game, I would expect nothing less from him……..oh sorry no that should read: I expect nothing from him. 🙂

I got mine, its way cool and big kudos to all involved.

Make one then. Don’t rely on others to do all the work.

akumie wrote:

The fact we as a community have any sort of flash cart for this system is good enough for me and should be for just about anyone (especially those of us with no knowledge or skill to make our own). I’m pretty sure if it was that simple to make what you expect/want, it would have been done years ago. By all means if you have the knowledge, get started on it so you don’t have to deal with a Flashboy+ cause ya know, god forbid something takes more than an instant to load and games need to be flashed one at a time…

Write a reply

The forum ‘PVB Coding Competition 2013’ is closed to new topics and replies.