Original Post

Hey!
I had a nice surprise waiting in the mailbox when I got home today (no spoilers for those who didn’t get it yet). A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone involved in its production, really cool work guys! :thumpup:

56 Replies

I know I would LOVE to be able to order one of these – to me it’s a part of history!

We really need to have the coders chime in on this. Looks like we won’t be able to make the cart that much different then it is now. Only make a different box/label..

The people that have games on the cart will have to decide if they want a re-release.

-Eric

All sounds good to me if people are ok with it. I like the packaging a lot already, I don’t think it needs huge changes if any 🙂

L___E___T wrote:
All sounds good to me if people are ok with it. I like the packaging a lot already, I don’t think it needs huge changes if any 🙂

I’m pretty sure that the reason for a change is so it is different from the one the coders got. This way it would be a sort of “coder’s edition”. And this way their surprise is still something special that not everyone could get.

In case the developers would agree that their games should be released on a cartridge like that I personally would not care if that release would look different than the “coders edition”.

On the other hand time and effort was put into this already and as nobody will get “rich” by making such cartridges as it is pure service for the community, we simply will to have accept whatever the makers and programmers of such cartridges might decide to do.

And in my opinion regarding “save the resources for some better cartridges”, hell please go and slaughter some “Virtual League Baseball” cartridges to make such a nice homebrew multicart and I am not just saying this because I am from Europe and don´t understand the rules of that game.
😉

I will chime in as one of the coders. I have no issues giving access to this cart to the community. Its not something I paid for or was even expecting so I am thrilled that I got anything at all. I wrote my entry fully expecting it to be open source and used by the community however they see fit. Just my 2 cents.

For me it is alright if it is sold as it is. I don’t need any money for it. I created the multicard as a surprise for all the coders, after Eric said he would pay for making them if I put together the code. Obviously, I also wanted one for myself.

Maybe you guys want to setup a request list before doing the cards so you don’t make too many.

I like the idea that the coders can say they’re published on their resumes.

Ahhh even thu it’s from a vboy fan site 🙂

-Eric

thunderstruck wrote:
For me it is alright if it is sold as it is. I don’t need any money for it. I created the multicard as a surprise for all the coders, after Eric said he would pay for making them if I put together the code. Obviously, I also wanted one for myself.

Maybe you guys want to setup a request list before doing the cards so you don’t make too many.

If you do, please place me on that list! Really want one of these. Think it’s a fantastic project and a true celebration of how dedicated the VB fans are!

My contribution to this was to the artwork, I modelled the wireframe controller, so here is a copy for all who are interested to view as a full 3D model

So what happend now to the idea of releasing that cartridge? So I guess the idea was dumped because there was not enogh support for it or no feedback from all people involved?
That would be unfortunate as still I would like to buy such a cartridge as it would be a nice showcase what the development community can do and it would be a nice collectors item as well.

I would really love to get a cartridge of this – I thought it was a fantastic idea and very nice for the entrants.

Maybe next year there could be a limited run and some proceeds could be offered as an additional cash prize to the winner/runners up?

I always enjoy seeing these they get better year after year!

It’s really the coders choice if a cart is made and sold off.

At first I thought they could make improvements and continue development of the demos. I found out that there isn’t enough room on the cart except the way it was made/given out to the people that supported the contest.

If all of the people who work is on the cart agree..we can make a limited run..if they don’t want their unfinished work on the cart (totally understandable) we won’t make it.

It was a really nice group of demos thou 🙂

-Eric

bigmak wrote:
It’s really the coders choice if a cart is made and sold off.

At first I thought they could make improvements and continue development of the demos. I found out that there isn’t enough room on the cart except the way it was made/given out to the people that supported the contest.

If all of the people who work is on the cart agree..we can make a limited run..if they don’t want their unfinished work on the cart (totally understandable) we won’t make it.

It was a really nice group of demos thou 🙂

-Eric

I would be interested, especially for what it represents.

Have we found ways to replicate the connector or are we still using donors?

We’re still using donors..but we have plenty. Enough for years I’d hope.

-Eric

Please make this happen. Would LOVE this cart!

Write a reply

The forum ‘PVB Coding Competition 2013’ is closed to new topics and replies.